X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacker Jeopardy is now a Drinking Game

It was a sad year.

Re: Hacker Jeopardy is now a Drinking Game

Ummm..... Hacker Jeopardy was ALWAYS a drinking game.... And i thought it was a good year for entertainment
    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

It wasn't previously? Who have we been buying all that beer for?

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
        It wasn't previously? Who have we been buying all that beer for?
        Well, previously, you couldn't MAINTAIN in the game for drinks. apparently the third round there was nobody technically qualified to remain in the game. looks like your new blood was all n00b blood IMO

Comment

What was it? -2000, -2000 and -1000 going into final jeopardy?

But with 27 beers...

Comment

Originally posted by galt View Post
            Well, previously, you couldn't MAINTAIN in the game for drinks. apparently the third round there was nobody technically qualified to remain in the game. looks like your new blood was all n00b blood IMO
            Sure you could. The points for beer thing was implemented around, what, Defcon 10?

On a more recent topic, what do you guys think of this new search engine Google? I think I'm going to stick with Alta Vista for now, but it might be worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by galt View Post

I agree, n00bs do not deserve black badges. https://forum.defcon.org/images/hard...ilies/evil.gif
              IPvSEX or the Nymphs could have played 3 straight rounds while drinking and still kicked the asses of each of this years teams. No wonder Winn was apologizing for team selection before the beginning of the final round, at least the winning team was boo'd off the stage when they went up to get their badges. I'd like to know who selected the teams this year so they can get some well deserved teasing.

Nuff said,

Vog

Comment

But were you entertained? That still was a funny last round all the same. I was hanging out with the guys that won. They, too, conceded that they were undeserving. One actually surrendered his badge. Though, that was also in part to his "behavior" on Saturday night, in which he almost got his ass handed to him for taking pics' he should not have taken.
                "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Even though I'm an organizer, I still have far less experience with HJ than some others posting, so, grain of salt.

HJ is a big part of defcon, and so like DC should be entertaining and put you in awe of those smarter than you in some area. I think we can do better next year in the latter department, and will likely adjust the scoring rules to make that happen.

I believe Winn said it properly when he spoke, 'they hacked the game'. The teams this year found it was possible to achieve maximum score by drinking their points rather than answering questions. There's nothing wrong with that, and it was well withing the rules. So now we have to adjust and guard against this attack. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by larsu View Post
                    So now we have to adjust and guard against this attack. ;)
                    I haven't actually made it out to a HJ competition in a few years (sorry Vegas 2.0 but The Minibosses and Eighty won out this year), but you won't hear me crying if you drop the points-for-beers rule. I would still force teams to drink when they get a question wrong, though. If nothing else it's a good excuse to yell at those on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by larsu View Post
                      I believe Winn said it properly when he spoke, 'they hacked the game'. The teams this year found it was possible to achieve maximum score by drinking their points rather than answering questions. There's nothing wrong with that, and it was well withing the rules. So now we have to adjust and guard against this attack. ;)
                      I disagree with Winn and Larsu.
                      I think this is giving them too much credit.
                      If their pre-alcohol subtotal was negative, then they clearly TRIED and failed
                      to answer at least a few questions. A strictly alcohol-based strategy would
                      bring you to Final Jeopardy with zero points, and at least 1500+ points worth
                      of booze (if you can't each drink 5 coronas in ~50 minutes, you need
                      another strategy).

I'll dispense some free HJ advice:

If you feel the urge to open your mouth and say something stupid,
                      fill it with Corona and reclose it immediately.

Sorry I missed it this year... The landslide would have been entertaining.
                      Were there any silly costumes at least?

Maybe I'll go as Sean Connery next year -- "Suck it HARD, Schwartau!"

--Billy Goto, Team NYMPHS

Comment

Originally posted by billygoto View Post
                        I disagree with Winn and Larsu.
                        I think this is giving them too much credit.
                        If their pre-alcohol subtotal was negative, then they clearly TRIED and failed
                        to answer at least a few questions. A strictly alcohol-based strategy would
                        bring you to Final Jeopardy with zero points, and at least 1500+ points worth
                        of booze (if you can't each drink 5 coronas in ~50 minutes, you need
                        another strategy).

I'll dispense some free HJ advice:

If you feel the urge to open your mouth and say something stupid,
                        fill it with Corona and reclose it immediately.

Sorry I missed it this year... The landslide would have been entertaining.
                        Were there any silly costumes at least?

Maybe I'll go as Sean Connery next year -- "Suck it HARD, Schwartau!"

--Billy Goto, Team NYMPHS

Trebek: And your answer was.... Buckfutter..... I don't understand.....
                        SC: Ohhh I think you do Trebek... I think you do!

3 guys dressed in tweed coats and black turtlenecks swilling beer and abusing the host. That would be an entertaining HJ. Hopefully if we register a team properly, unlike most of the people who got up on stage after official registration were closed this year, we'll get a chance to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Vog View Post
                          3 guys dressed in tweed coats and black turtlenecks swilling beer and abusing the host. That would be an entertaining HJ. Hopefully if we register a team properly, unlike most of the people who got up on stage after official registration were closed this year, we'll get a chance to play.

You think you're pretty smart, don't you, Schwartau? What with your Dago mustache and your greasy hair!

Thanks, but I'm already with team NYMPHS.
                          We've won twice (incl last year), and didn't compete this year.
                          So I won't be defecting. Competition (esp. colorful personalities)
                          is needed, but don't you go a'stealin' my Connery idea. :) bonchance!
                          Last edited by billygoto; August 10, 2007, 10:58.

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar View Post
                            But were you entertained? That still was a funny last round all the same. I was hanging out with the guys that won. They, too, conceded that they were undeserving. One actually surrendered his badge. Though, that was also in part to his "behavior" on Saturday night, in which he almost got his ass handed to him for taking pics' he should not have taken.
                            Is it true they didn't know which Attorney General was appointed by his brother in 1961?

*sigh* Life imitates art...

ROFL

Comment

Working...
                            X