MP3 played during awards for badge show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 played during awards for badge show

Anyone know where this can be obtained from, getting sick of playing back video I took to listen to it. Very kick ass!

Re: MP3 played during awards for badge show

I would also like to grab that, it was awesome.

Comment

I think DT said something about posting it on the Defcon website, or linking to it on the forums. So, I would imagine we'll get it soon.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

I thought it was eminem but i could be all cracked out from DC still.
        ======================================
        DJ Jackalope
        dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
          I thought it was eminem but i could be all cracked out from DC still.
          I did at first but the lyric "I'm Joe Grand AKA Kingpin" made me think otherwise. I assumed it was something Joe did.
          "Raise a toast to ... I think he might have been our only decent ."

Comment

hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the group who did the song is called

"The Brothers Grimm" Song "Badgez"

and the song was done by special request for some good friends of ours

you can find their webpage here

www.myspace.com/CompleteError

AND a link to the song here

http://www.zshare.net/audio/30503324971a37/

also.. im looking for any video of the award ceremony where the song was played also
            Last edited by TheRiot; August 8, 2007, 17:57.

Comment

Sweet, thanks for solving the mystery!
              DJ Jackalope
              dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

lol, no mystery to solve, i am one half of the brothers grimm!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRiot View Post
                  hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the group who did the song is called

"The Brothers Grimm" Song "Badgez"

and the song was done by special request for some good friends of ours

you can find their webpage here

www.myspace.com/CompleteError

AND a link to the song here

http://www.zshare.net/audio/30503324971a37/

also.. im looking for any video of the award ceremony where the song was played also
                  Kingpin was bummed he forgot to announce that the song was written based on his badge poem in the front of the printed program. Woops!
                  PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

You can also grab it at http://www.osogato.com/hacks. Currently it's just got the mp3 and a link to the Brothers Grimm on Myspace, but this Saturday we'll be putting together a HOWTO for anyone who's interested in turning their own badge into a line-level meter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                      Kingpin was bummed he forgot to announce that the song was written based on his badge poem in the front of the printed program. Woops!

Ah, I see the question has been answered. That's what I get for sleeping after DC!

The whole thing started when I read Kingpin's poem, and said "this has to be turned into a nerdcore song." I don't think I made it past page three of the program after reading it. (This was especially challenging since mlp and I showed up too late to get real badges, and wound up with paper badges. You don't want to know what i had to do to turn a paper badge into a human badge and an extra press badge, really)

I started a thread on the badge-hacking contest under the "contests" section of the forums. I'm hoping other people will post links to their code, etc. there.

https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=8769

We're planning on starting with an unmodified badge, and turn it into a line-level meter, taking photos of the procedure, in case anyone else wants to do the same, or even better, hack it out out further. (We had some really crazy ideas that were just too hard to get done in that amount of time without the ability to actually test our code until Sunday morning, when we figured out the problem with the Spyder kit. We had the iPod Shuffle cable control protocol mostly reverse-engineered, and were going to turn the badge into an iPod remote, but we were all too fried to finish that part by the end.)

DT: How about making this an official (Uber-badge-worthy) contest next year?

Comment

Originally posted by sk00t View Post
                        I did at first but the lyric "I'm Joe Grand AKA Kingpin" made me think otherwise. I assumed it was something Joe did.
                        Well, it was in a way -- page 3 of the DC15 program has Kingpin's poem about the badges. I read that and thought "this needs to be a rap, and we should do an audio hack for the badge." I thought finding someone to turn that into a rap in less than two days would be the hard part, but it turns out it wasn't. (Tongen, one of the Kenshoto guys, knew Bolo (one half of the Brothers Grimm) from World of Warcraft. Go figure. I think at DEFCON, I'm three degrees from anyone I might ever need to know.)

The song turned out a lot better than I could have imagined -- the chorus (based on the end of the poem, but vastly improved), still slays me. We didn't even have to ask for any edits -- the first cut they gave us owned.

(I'm still looking for video of the closing ceremony as well. If you have it, post a link here!)

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. This song made my fucking day, been waiting for someone to post it.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbi View Post
                            DT: How about making this an official (Uber-badge-worthy) contest next year?
                            Go through the process, support it as a contents, submit it, and get it listed on the Defcon 16 page, and I or another admin will make a forum in the DC16 contest and events section.

Originally posted by rabbi View Post
                            (I'm still looking for video of the closing ceremony as well. If you have it, post a link here!)
                            I do not have a continuous video of closing ceremonies, but have multiple video files in 1-3 minute segments in not very good video/audio format. These have been encoded to use mp3 audio and xvid codecs. I am hoping to get time to post each video to the pics.defcon.org this weekend.

I also have better quality video of the end of the Titanium Chef where teams introduce their submissions. I plan to have Deviant Ollam review them. If he says they should be posted, either he can post them or I can.
                            Additionally, I have a video or two of Defcon Robots and will be having Kallahar look them over for publication.
                            I also have super-short video from Lost Mystery Box just before first boxes are handed out, and an even shorter segment from LPCon.

Lots of work this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                              Go through the process, support it as a contents, submit it, and get it listed on the Defcon 16 page, and I or another admin will make a forum in the DC16 contest and events section.
                              I figure I'll wait and see if Joe actually plans to do hackable badges again next year. (I dropped him an email about it -- I'm hoping to get some extra badges to do the line-level hack on, so we can send a pair to the Brothers Grimm, who want to wear them at their next concert. I'll set them up with a mic so they can take the ambient bass and display that.)

But, assuming hackable badges, is there a forum entry with instructions for the contest process? I missed it when I scanned over the forum entries earlier, but I'm still sleep deprived from BH/DC. So, a pointer would be appreciated when you have time.

Comment

Working...
                              X