This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room Escape

Have you played those flash-based "room escape" games? If you have, you know they're fun and generally addicting. They require critical thinking and an outside the box mentality.

What about a real-life Room Escape game?

Take a team and "lock" them in a room pre-staged with clues and let them find the means to escape. The team that escapes in the least amount of time wins. Many "hacker"-type skills could be incorporated into the game: cryptography, lockpicking, etc.

Potential problems or issues:

* Time intensive. Room needs to be pre-staged for each team.
    * Rules. Hackers hate rules, but you can't let people destroy the room trying to escape.
    * Liability issues. Is it even allowable to lock people in a room? Maybe a "training time out" system would help here. Better yet, maybe an airwall as one of the walls of the room would prevent any safety-related problems, and would allow the contest organizer access in any situation.

Thoughts?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Re: Room Escape

This sounds like the premise for the movie Saw.

Oh yes, there will be blood..

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
      This sounds like the premise for the movie Saw.

Oh yes, there will be blood..
      That's the basis for most of the room escape type games.

If we can cut down on the blood, violence and destruction, it could be interesting.
      "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

s/interesting/boring

:)

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Working...
        X