Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know who the girl passing out cookies is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know who the girl passing out cookies is?

So Saturday morning, a girl in a dress brings me and priest cookies for the goons. They were very good. We didn't really get a chance to thank her, so if anybody knows who she is, I'd appreciate finding out.

Clue: I think I saw dan 'drunker-than-I-thought' kaminsky carrying one of the ziplock containers with cookies.

Thanks!

Re: Anybody know who the girl passing out cookies is?

Originally posted by flea View Post
    if anybody knows who she is, I'd appreciate finding out
    i'm fair certain that's Joia (she has a forums account under that name here) who was also one of the entrants in the Brew Wars competition... she brought a variety of really tasty mead. A girl who bakes, makes her own amazing alcohol, and has a cute smile, a good heart, and a terrific personality... it's a pity but also no surprise that some guy has already grabbed on to her with two hands.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
      i'm fair certain that's Joia (she has a forums account under that name here) who was also one of the entrants in the Brew Wars competition... she brought a variety of really tasty mead. A girl who bakes, makes her own amazing alcohol, and has a cute smile, a good heart, and a terrific personality... it's a pity but also no surprise that some guy has already grabbed on to her with two hands.
      No doubt, sounds about right.
      She was awesome, and made a good set of mead!
      Synapses, the spaces between neurons, are the channels through which our most fundamental traits, preferences, and beliefs are encoded. In short, they enable each of us to function as a single, integrated individual
      -A synaptic self- from moment to moment, from year to year

Comment

The cookies were awesome. I have to admit I was a bit leery at first, random person giving us foodstuffs and all, but the cookies were fucking good. Thanks to whomever made them.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Awesome :-) I tasted Dan's Grandmas Lace cookies and they were "da bomb" I think thats incredibly sweet of Joia to go out of her way to make the goons day a little brighter. Cheers to that! So....why isnt this bad ass chick posting more? Strength in numbers dear...write that down, hehe.
          "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
            Dan's Grandmas Lace cookies
            Lace cookies or Laced cookies?
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

There was mead? And I didn't get to try it? Aww...
              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
              [ redacted ]

Comment

What kind of cookies were they?

Comment

I got a good chuckle from the fortune cookie I was given.

"Wow, roofie cookies taste just like normal cookies"
                  jur1st, esq.

Comment

The cookies and bread that Deviant donated to "Team Everyone" were very good as well. I was elated to find some left overs in my room when I went to retire for the night. Hit the spot with a cup of coffee the next morning as well.
                    DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
                      The cookies and bread that Deviant donated to "Team Everyone" were very good as well. I was elated to find some left overs in my room when I went to retire for the night. Hit the spot with a cup of coffee the next morning as well.
                      oh, yeah... forgot about that.

that totally makes my list of major DefCon awesomeness... getting a surprise FedEx package from back home full of baked goods that Lindsay had made for us and shipped overnight. i lived on that banana bread and apple bread for breakfast each day.
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Better not let Lindsay find out you forgot. That would be un-kewl.
                        DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
                          Better not let Lindsay find out you forgot. That would be un-kewl.
                          heh... she totally understands that when i'm out west for DefCon my brain is sort of like an Etch-A-Sketch that gets shaken up every 24 to 36 hours. i can reliably recall people, events, etc. if someone brings them up... but in terms of outright remembering things, it's often a lost cause.

people back in the real world learned that i think after DC9 or DC10 when they realized that unless i referred to pictures that i or others had taken, i really couldn't tell them stories about defcon. they'd ask me how it was and i'd just get this distant, dream-like look in my eyes and say "it was amazing" and then fail to produce any details when pressed for stories. "it's all a blur of alcohol, nakedness, sex, code, hardware, fun contests, amazing games, and outrageously awesome people. can't tell you more than that, really. sorry," is the best they'd get out of me.

and the last few defcons i haven't even really taken any pictures, except for during the events i run... so my memories are pretty much hopeless, despite the over-riding recollection that it was all so fucking great. kind of like a mushroom trip... even if you try to write shit down, the next day none of it makes any real sense... but you could testify in court that it was wonderful, nonetheless.
                          Last edited by Deviant Ollam; August 13, 2007, 20:29.
                          - Trent Reznor

Comment

I completely understand. I brought a camera and took so few pictures, all most all of which were of events in the Wireless Village.
                            DaKahuna

Comment

I used to take lots of pictures of everything, but then you're so busy taking pictures that you miss out on shit. And it's another piece of cute tech waiting to be stolen by people who go to places where you want to take pictures because they want to take your camera.
                              lurking...somewhere

Comment

Working...
                              X