DEFCON videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFCON videos

I have quite a few videos I took at DEFCON this year. I even have some of LP Con. Where can I upload these on this site to share them? I want to share my videos as well as my pictures.

I was thinking of putting them on youtube.com, but I think it would be better to host copies of the videos on the DEFCON servers, just in case something happens to youtube in the future.

Thanks!

Re: DEFCON videos

I believe you can upload videos at https://pics.defcon.org/. See if that works out for you.

Good luck.
    Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Originally posted by Aeon View Post
      I have quite a few videos I took at DEFCON this year. I even have some of LP Con. Where can I upload these on this site to share them? I want to share my videos as well as my pictures.

I was thinking of putting them on youtube.com, but I think it would be better to host copies of the videos on the DEFCON servers, just in case something happens to youtube in the future.

Thanks!
      Pics.defcon.org presently has a php limit to upload image size which is linked to memory and upload limits imposed by php with the method used by the software. (Something like 8 MB or maybe 16MB-- not sure which, but both are kind of small for most video.)

I am working on a WebDAV tool, to allow people to map a local computer network drive so they can drag files they want to publish to the pics server and then process them after they have finished uploading them. This doesn't have the memory limits of the present software.

I'm waiting for changes to a firewall, and then I can continue testing with MS Windows and mac OS X. (WebDAV is built-in to Mac OS X and MS Windows. Apple calls is "iDisk" or something similar, and MS Windows calls it "Internet Folder" or "Internet Place.")

This should allow us to set file size limits up to the max the web server can serve, which could exceed 1 GB per file for video.

Can you wait a short time to upload?

This is working for Cadaver and the Ubuntu, Gnome GUI, "Network Places, Network Server, Connect to Server, WebDAV Server" option for GUI Drag and drop of files. I can't continue development for MS Windows and Mac OS X until firewall rules are altered.

Comment

Speaking of DEFCON videos, and I know this is likely a noobish question, but what's the deal with getting presentation videos? I've been by TSOK, but it appears they're only offering packaged of ALL of the videos, which seems prohibitively expensive. I figured they would eventually release the individual ones, but looking at their offerings for DC14, it's also only full packages and the media archives didn't offer video either.

And feel free to slap me around if there is an obvious answer to this somewhere I've overlooked.

Comment

I agee with you they are expensive. I'd buy a set, however the price put me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Schuyler View Post
            what's the deal with getting presentation videos?
            If you are willing to wait and aren't completely set on buying a DVD then you'll see an announcement on the forums when the videos are available for download (for free).

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike View Post
              If you are willing to wait and aren't completely set on buying a DVD then you'll see an announcement on the forums when the videos are available for download (for free).
              Awesome, thanks for clearing it up for me. :)

Comment

Mmmm... Free. I like that word.

Comment

http://pics.defcon.org/ gives me a error message,

Comment

Originally posted by Roger0 View Post
                    http://pics.defcon.org/ gives me a error message,
                    The FireWall is being upgraded. Once it is complete, pics should not provide those errors, look better, and work over https again.

Sorry about this problem. It was found last week on Thurday eve, and once discovered it lead DT to push a firewall upgrade to a higher priority-- perhaps, to be completed this weekend some time.

Comment

I feel so insecure having to use http instead of https... ;)
                      "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Do you feel naked Prez?

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                          Do you feel naked Prez?
                          Now that's a scary thought.
                          "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                            Do you feel naked Prez?
                            Well, a self-signed cert is now available with all of the known risks, so that is at least something. So, maybe he is not naked, but the clothes he has are kind of see-through.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeon View Post

Thanks!
                              Hmmm maybe faster and better will be youtube ?
                              "There is no patch for human stupidity"

Comment

Working...
                              X