Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo game database

hey all,

i've done just about every google search and wikipedia query i can imagine but i'm not finding something that would prove useful to me. i am especially aggravated since some time ago i actually had what i'm seeking and know it exists.

does anyone have a list of the games that were released for the NES and SNES platforms that shows whether the games were 1 player, 2 players separately, or allowed 2 player simultaneous gaming ?

i had all this in a TXT file once and god only knows what happened to it. i'm trying to sort and categorize these ROMs and can't do it by pulling up a page for each game individually. with over 750 NES games and 1200+ SNES titles, a database of some sort is what's needed.

the trick is seeing player format as described above. no searches seem to turn that up anywhere.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: Nintendo game database

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    hey all,

i've done just about every google search and wikipedia query i can imagine but i'm not finding something that would prove useful to me. i am especially aggravated since some time ago i actually had what i'm seeking and know it exists.

does anyone have a list of the games that were released for the NES and SNES platforms that shows whether the games were 1 player, 2 players separately, or allowed 2 player simultaneous gaming ?

i had all this in a TXT file once and god only knows what happened to it. i'm trying to sort and categorize these ROMs and can't do it by pulling up a page for each game individually. with over 750 NES games and 1200+ SNES titles, a database of some sort is what's needed.

the trick is seeing player format as described above. no searches seem to turn that up anywhere.
    This it?
    http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repos...snesgames.html

1p 2p Nintendo NES SNES complete game list (my search)

Comment

i ph33r your google-fu, for mine is weaker by far. that is exactly the list i was thinking of! i had been googling with strings that involved "1p 2p 2s"... didn't realize the nomenclature they used is "2pa" vs "2ps"

thanks!
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
        i ph33r your google-fu, for mine is weaker by far. that is exactly the list i was thinking of! i had been googling with strings that involved "1p 2p 2s"... didn't realize the nomenclature they used is "2pa" vs "2ps"

thanks!
        Happy to help people that demonstrate they've invested significant effort to solving a problem. :-)

Comment

What would be really cool is to pool a DB with ID indexes for all roms based on rom md5sum. That way I could diff my collection of 800 some-odd against your collection of 700 some-odd and come up with a complete archive of the games. This would scale to all my legacy rom collections and could be used to auto-catalog others roms.. you feed it a directory, app goes out and based on rom md5sums indicates which games you have and which games you are missing.
          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
          X