Pre DC 16 Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre DC 16 Area

A pox on your firstborn for starting this so early. A POX I SAY!
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Re: Pre DC 16 Area

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Hey! Don't blame me. I am just a tool, I mean a machine.

Information on Defcon16 is published on the main site, and that is one of the two indicators we have for creating this.

I blame the announcement-- it made me do it.

Comment

Oh, quityerbitchin'. You know the Wireless Village people contacted you months ago about DC16 plans.
      Thorn
      "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

well in terms of groups getting started early, im pretty sure wifi village, Lost, the robot warz dudes, and the actf people all started planning for dc16 as early as the day after 15 :D

Comment

Originally posted by Vyrus View Post
          well in terms of groups getting started early, im pretty sure wifi village, Lost, the robot warz dudes, and the actf people all started planning for dc16 as early as the day after 15 :D
          heh... don't forget the lockpick folks. doc turned the picking competition over to me this year and all i can say is that you have no idea how different it will be this time around. there might be some small preview of things at shmoocon this year, perhaps. we'll have to see how that goes.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Actually I started while in the design for DC15- got ideas for this year clear back then...

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
              Actually I started while in the design for DC15- got ideas for this year clear back then...
              Super Ninja LosT must know what he is doing before he does the thing that which he is doing before he does that. Or something to that effect............................................ ..............................
              .................................................. ......................
              SPAAAAAAAAAARTA!

Completely unrelated to the above, I like what Neil did to the main DC site, it looks awesome and I can't wait to see what he does for the DC16 Theme.
              "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Nikita,

Your Mom likes what Neil did to the site.....

(Miss you guys!)

LosT

Comment

psshh.. your mom misses you guys.

.. actually, I miss Siviak's mom. When's she making her triumphant con return?

On the note of DC16 .. I've been not so good at even checking the forums, email, or anything of related nature. I'm behind the times.
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

What? they're going to have another one of these things?
                    ======================================
                    DJ Jackalope
                    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                    ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                      What? they're going to have another one of these things?
                      Nope. If you haven't heard, Defcon has been cancelled. :P
                      I check my sanity with a wristwatch. What do you check yours with, a dipstick?

Comment

Scavenger hunt item #24:
                        50 points -- Video of Chris throwing poxes on people who are the oldest child in their family.

Comment

I'm sorry I just had to know what a pox was:

* syphilis: a common venereal disease caused by the treponema pallidum spirochete; symptoms change through progressive stages; can be congenital ...
                          * a contagious disease characterized by purulent skin eruptions that may leave pock marks
                          wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* Pox is a liquor commonly used for ceremonial purposes among the Mayans of Mexico and Central America. It is made of sugarcane and is known in Spanish as aguardiente (Maffi 1996). The word pox in Tztotzil means "medicine, cane liquor, cure. ...
                          en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pox (drink)

It's both a disease and a cure.

xor
                          Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Working...
                          X