• dogten
    replied
    Re: Titanium Chef Challenge

I see no mention of HoochWars

Leave a comment:

• VanSmaq
    replied

AcidicA - Sorry to hear that you are not going to make it man... I was looking forward to cooking with you. Good luck with your tour (I assume its music based) and I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Leave a comment:

• AcidicA
    replied

I hate to say this but after much bluster and noise I think I have to drop out of the contest. I will be going on tour the next month and I dont think I can afford con and the tour. Sorry deviant. :(

Leave a comment:

• DaKahuna
    replied

Hey Deviant - for what it's worth - I love rattle snake grilled or deep fried!

Leave a comment:

• VanSmaq
    replied

You have said nothing, yet you have said everything. Well played sir.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by VanSmaq View Post
    I think it's time for a little hint on the secret ingredient
    well... i'll help you with basic guidelines that i've always sort of had to make the contest run well.

1. the secret ingredient is always a meat product, or at the very least animal-derived. i seek a perfect-attendance record of the contest producing food that vegans cannot consume without inner turmoil.

2. i like to pick a wide "range" of category, not a specific creature, to give some flexibility. for instance, i would never choose "Giraffe" since there can't be that many recipes for its meat. If i was thinking along those lines i'd likely say "Wild Safari Beasts" of some sort, allowing people to use almost anything from antelope to hippo.

3. Lastly, i like to pick a theme that doesn't require meat to be special-ordered. I always like to have a decent exotic supply of the theme ingredient around, but if people want to pick more up during their supply run they should be able to without searching everywhere for some crazy specialty store. Last year the theme was "hog/swine" and i did bring with me a lot of cuts of Wild Boar, but people also used pork chops and tenderloin from the grocery store, etc.

Those above planning guidelines will be in effect this year, as well. It allows for maximum participation but leaves room for real innovation and creativity if teams are willing to put in the extra effort to really shine.

Leave a comment:

• VanSmaq
    replied

So... Dev...

I think it's time for a little hint on the secret ingredient :)

Just a little hint? Perhaps a riddle?

Leave a comment:

• 0x58
    replied

Originally posted by AcidicA View Post
    I think you guys gave me a f****d up idea. Now if I can keep the police from being called.
    They will be there later into the night when we get a nice crowd going :D :P

Leave a comment:

• AcidicA
    replied

I think you guys gave me a f****d up idea. Now if I can keep the police from being called.

Leave a comment:

• Thorn
    replied

Originally posted by 0x58 View Post
    Do you know where I could get a tiny generator in Vegas, on the cheap?
    Come on, we're hackers for cripes sakes. Hoover Dam is only 20 miles away. Somebody ought to be able figure something out...

Then, maybe next year's real challenge could be who can zap the best steaks using a Tesla Coil or Jacob's Ladder. Dressing in a messy lab coat and goggles and yelling "It's ALIVE" optional.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Hire someone as day labor and tell them to just operate a hand-crank generator for a couple hours.

Leave a comment:

• 0x58
    replied

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
    There may be power in the bathrooms, however... you'd want like a 300' extension cord...best bet...maybe a tiny generator?...

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

Cool, thanks for the information Thorn.
    There may be power in the bathrooms, however... you'd want like a 300' extension cord...best bet...maybe a tiny generator?...

Leave a comment:

• 0x58
    replied

Cool, thanks for the information Thorn.

Leave a comment:

• Thorn
    replied

Originally posted by Sereyna View Post
    As opposed to simply swallowing.
    Or just nibbling.