Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hackers Are People Too" - documentary

Hi everyone!

It's been awhile but I'm back. I wanted to give an update on the slow progress of my documentary. First, I wanted to apologize for it taking so long but you gotta understand that I'm a full time student and have a part time job, neither of which leave much time for my passion. Also, I want this to be as good as I can possibly make it, so slow and steady wins the race.

BUT I realized the other day I actually have about half of it done and will probably have a full cut done in April - which then means my audio person and I can get to mixing audio.

In the next couple weeks, I am going to be posting on here AND on the HAPT website because I am going to need some help with people's names and job titles. People have bad handwriting - and I was not as organized as I had anticipated - so I am unsure on the spellings of some people's names, as well as job titles. I will be sending out an email - probably next weekend - to everyone whose email address was given to me, and posting on here, asking for some identification. I do NOT want anything misspelled in the final product (obviously) and any help that you guys can give me would be VERRRRRY appreciated!!!

I also plan on selling DVD copies at DefCon - and before you go thinking "what a brilliant idea - we can just copy them and hand them out" - you might be interested in paying $10 a copy since profits will be going towards The Hacker Foundation (we will also accept donations as we need to pay off some of our costs! lol)

I am interested to know what you might be interested in seeing on the DVD bonus features? I already have a couple things that I intend on including but do you have any specific requests? Just email me (contact me through the hapt website; that's probably the most direct way).

I wanted to thank you guys again for your support and patience! This project is so very important to me, and I really want to figure out a way to screen it in at DefCon. Also, a shoutout to Liz Safran, who totally rocks, who is letting me use some of *her* footage from DC15, and who basically is an awesome lady.

OK. Was that long enough? :-D I am sure I can ramble on for a few more days......

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!! Can't wait to talk to guys about this in *person*!!! :)

Ashley

www.hackersarepeopletoo.com

Re: "Hackers Are People Too" - documentary

If you are planning to have this done in April, would you be interested in bringing it to LayerOne (www.layerone.info) in May?

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

YAY! And I owe you a beer cuz I said I would do an interview with you and did not find the time at DC. *apologies*

Excited to see the final product and yes, of course i will get one.
      ======================================
      DJ Jackalope
      dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
      ======================================

Comment

You always have a place at DEF CON to screen it, just let me know and we'll put it on the schedule!

Good luck!

DY

Originally posted by CinematicGold View Post
        Hi everyone!

I wanted to thank you guys again for your support and patience! This project is so very important to me, and I really want to figure out a way to screen it in at DefCon. Also, a shoutout to Liz Safran, who totally rocks, who is letting me use some of *her* footage from DC15, and who basically is an awesome lady.

OK. Was that long enough? :-D I am sure I can ramble on for a few more days......

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!! Can't wait to talk to guys about this in *person*!!! :)

Ashley

www.hackersarepeopletoo.com
        The Dark Tangent: Use PGP for email Key ID: 0x8B0B476D
        Fingerprint: EA2B 63F9 2219 9171 2AB1 0065 FC59 8B0B 476D

Comment

Heck, at Defcon we could screen it AND have it on the movie channel.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Is it true that Noid's nude scene is included on the DVD bonus features?
            Last edited by Thorn; March 24th, 2008, 20:13.
            Thorn
            "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

dont get your hopes up, we used a stunt butt

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                dont get your hopes up, we used a stunt butt
                Let me guess. Flea. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                  You always have a place at DEF CON to screen it, just let me know and we'll put it on the schedule!

Good luck!

DY

Ummmm let me think.....

WOW that would be AMAZING! :) Yes! We want to screen it! And yes! On the schedule! Holy crap that is scary and awesome at the same time. :)

Now, in response to the people who want NUDITY - I am afraid that there are NO BUTTS in this film. I do have footage of a LOL DONG (from ToorCon) but no BUTTS. Sorry to disappoint. :-/

Comment

Working...
                  X