Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Race to Zero

Greetings,

The Race to Zero involves contestants being given a sample set of viruses and malcode to modify and upload through the contest portal. The portal passes the modified samples through a number of antivirus engines and determines if the sample is a known threat. The first team or individual to pass their sample past all antivirus engines undetected wins that round. Each round increases in complexity as the contest progresses.

Further details are available here: http://www.racetozero.net/

Let me know if you have any comments, suggestions, or are keen to participate :)

Cheers,
    bogan

Re: The Race to Zero

Originally posted by bogan View Post
    Greetings,

The Race to Zero involves contestants being given a sample set of viruses and malcode to modify and upload through the contest portal. The portal passes the modified samples through a number of antivirus engines and determines if the sample is a known threat. The first team or individual to pass their sample past all antivirus engines undetected wins that round. Each round increases in complexity as the contest progresses.

Further details are available here: http://www.racetozero.net/

Let me know if you have any comments, suggestions, or are keen to participate :)

Cheers,
    bogan
    Get it listed on the main DC16 page, and I can make a forum for it like the other contests/events. To get it listed, it would help to generate interest in it as a contest that people would like to participate in, and then of course drop a line to DT. If it is "okayed" then you will want to watch for calls for information/requests from people like Grifter, Russ, Black Beetle, Nikita, and Neil.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; April 7, 2008, 11:34.

Comment

I like the contest idea, the web site looks very nice, looks like some good thought has been put into it.

Just add a link back to DEF CON from the contest site, and we'll be good to go!

Welcome to DEF CON!
      PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
        I like the contest idea, the web site looks very nice, looks like some good thought has been put into it.

Just add a link back to DEF CON from the contest site, and we'll be good to go!

Welcome to DEF CON!
        Forum live. Thread moved. Redirection from old thread location is active for 2 weeks.

I've notified Neil, and gave link to forum.

Comment

Someone is not happy with defcon... =( "tear" LOL
          http://www.computerworld.com/action/...=NLT_AM&nlid=1

sUrb0
          www.i-hacked.com
          update your 404--=--

Comment

THis looks like a lot of fun. I am definately "keen to participate"

Comment

Working...