Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GRINGO WARRIOR - official announcement and signup/interest thread

Originally posted by valanx View Post
    Did you get the car locks figured out? I know the hard one never worked at notacon.
    actually, it did initially... i don't know exactly what people did to that poor thing. it's still destroyed. i will have eBay'ed for a new one before DefCon.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
      actually, it did initially... i don't know exactly what people did to that poor thing. it's still destroyed. i will have eBay'ed for a new one before DefCon.
      Hope I didn't break that. I just know it didnt open when I asked it nicely. We just went through a maintenance run on our locks here with a lot of graphite and pin changeouts.

I've had good luck with eBay lately, picking up several lots of locks that I'm using to build little practice boards people can check out at our local meetings. My favorite though was the Kaba mini on a little switch.

Interesting lot of kaba locks up on ebay today actually. Reminded me of a cylon.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Locksmith-6-Kaba...QQcmdZViewItem

Not that I just went off the topic of conversation by much or anything.
      ----------------------------------------
      Fraternal Order of Locksport

Comment

Regarding the handcuff situation - rather than do all the multipliers, etc. - why not just do 3, or if you want to offer more possibilities, 5 setups with specific point values?

Also - Will we know the make and model of car before we hop on our planes? :D

Comment

new Gringo Warrior hardware

So, i've fully rebuilt the Gringo Warrior course. New photos of it can be found on the game's hardware page. It's more lightweight but also stronger and more stable. I can get the whole game into a single hard case now along with all of its supporting gear, etc.

Along with the new hardware, the locks themselves are all rebuilt. New knobs & deadbolts fresh from the Home Depot have all been re-pinned according to the contest specs. A wafer lock that fell apart during the trip home from L.A. was replaced and a new car ignition has been added for the "hard" level automobile lock.

All i have to do is order some new handcuffs and we'll be all set for DefCon.

(Expect reports and photos concerning how this new course fares at ShakaCon this coming week. I'm expecting good things, i am not scared to say.)
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Re: new Gringo Warrior hardware

That pipe system is great, its kind of like what I'm doing with the wheels I'm working on. Having to bring a bunch of stuff everywhere, especially as much wood as I had before really got me looking to make much lighter and easier to transport equipment.

At least for some of my items.

I can't wait to try this out.
            ----------------------------------------
            Fraternal Order of Locksport

Comment

This rocks, will it be busy? A line or sign up sheet to do this?
              I like the beginner idea, Ive never tried something like this but I want to have a go at it hehe

Comment

Originally posted by litsuka View Post
                This rocks, will it be busy? A line or sign up sheet to do this?
                it's tended to be hopping when i've test-run it at other cons, but this is DEFCON... loads of stuff happening all at once. so i'd be willing to bet that people will be spread pretty thin.

my guess is that we'll have a combination of both a line and a sign-up sheet type of system.
                - Trent Reznor

Comment

Sounds like a blast! Sign me up.

Comment

Working...
                  X