Hoover Dam Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoover Dam Visit

Not sure where the best place to post this would be, so I decided to throw it here...

I won't be attending the shoot, but was curious if anyone knew anyone who wasn't attending the shoot BUT still wanted to meet up with everyone at Hoover Dam afterwards.

Just wanted to throw that up in the air and see what happened.
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Re: Hoover Dam Visit

While you're there, make sure you take lots of Dam pictures and ask lots of Dam questions.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

We won't be able to make the shoot only because we will still be driving through Utah but we might just make it in time to visit the Hoover Dam. I guess we're a maybe.
      "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak View Post
        We won't be able to make the shoot only because we will still be driving through Utah but we might just make it in time to visit the Hoover Dam. I guess we're a maybe.
        YAY. 719 to the rescue.... we'll play it by ear. It'll probably be really early in the AM though, like 11 or something.
        DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak View Post
          RenderMan's story about driving through Utah remains one of my favorite stories, ever.
          "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
            RenderMan's story about driving through Utah remains one of my favorite stories, ever.
            Ok. 1. Where has Render been? (I mean, ahem, we saw you this weekend, but now where are ya?)

2. Now that you opened that can of worms, do tell...

I do remember an IRC moment with LosT about this time last year with him saying..."Hmmmm I hope I can get all the boxes across the Hoover Dam, they kinda look like bombs."
            DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
              Ok. 1. Where has Render been? (I mean, ahem, we saw you this weekend, but now where are ya?)
              I think he's staying in NY for a while.
              2. Now that you opened that can of worms, do tell...
              http://www.renderlab.net/DC11/car.html
              Absolutely worth a full read.
              "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

YAY. 719 to the rescue.... we'll play it by ear. It'll probably be really early in the AM though, like 11 or something.
                We will leave Colorado around 1-2pm on Wednesday via car so we should be in Vegas around 9am give or take how many stops we make.

I pm'd you with both my cell phone number and h3's.
                "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
                  While you're there, make sure you take lots of Dam pictures and ask lots of Dam questions.
                  Actually, don't. As the tour guide told my brother, "We've heard all your dam jokes and they're not funny."

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this tour to the https://www.grandcanyondestinations....optional-boat/https://www.grandcanyondestinations....optional-boat/

Comment

Working...
                    X