Tools on a plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools on a plane?

I haven't traveled on a plane in a long, long time.

Any suggestions/guidance regarding taking a bag full of tools and electronic components on an airplane? Carry on or checked?

Thanks

Draengold

Re: Tools on a plane?

Originally posted by draengold View Post
    Any suggestions/guidance regarding taking a bag full of tools and electronic components on an airplane? Carry on or checked?
    well... any "tool" that can be considered a blunt weapon or a poking/stabbing weapon can generate problems for you during carry-on screening. If you're checking any bags, it would certainly make sense for you to put any tools that could be considered questionable into the luggage going down below.

of course... if you're worried about your tools and tech in a checked bag, you could always just properly padlock a hard case by checking a firearm (or pseudo-firearm) as described in my recent lecture.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
    X