Minibosses not appering at defcon16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minibosses not appering at defcon16

due to the decision made above me . I cannot secure the minibosses for saturday
    I know a bunch of people have emailed me asking of they were actually going to play .

Im really sorry everyone I know we all were hoping they could make an appearance.

Zziks....
    the only question in life is , Why?

Re: Minibosses not appering at defcon16

still working on something for this. hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronburke View Post
      still working on something for this. hopefully.
      i'm willing to help on this, be it private party or what not....
      take a long walk backward....into the now.

Comment

likewise..
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

thanks. i should have more info in a little while. it's getting down
          to the wire, so if something can't be worked out soon, we probably
          won't be able to play.

the 303 party/folks were so nice in inviting us to play, but
          unfortunately the majority voted it down because of noise concerns.
          so we're not playing the 303 party...anybody else that has an idea
          of where we could play, shoot me a pm if you pleesus

thanks again too. everyone on here is so helpful. :)

Comment

visceral reaction says 'hey lets get you playing at the bbq' .. but the parks permit most definitely would not work kindly to that

.. though y'all are still more than welcome to come and chill over burgers and beer ;)

Comment

Has anyone checked out with a place like the Rock House to see what might be possible for a private party for a night? They've seemed quite reasonable in the past... but not sure what options they afford with something of this extent

Comment

Where is the Minibosses home base?
                ======================================
                DJ Jackalope
                dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                  i wanna say Arizona someplace. i think Voltage Spike is kind of local to them, well as "local" as anyone is to anywhere in the american southwest. heh, you are familiar with that phenomenon in colorado, no?
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                    City-wise, the Phoenix area. They drive up to Defcon so transportation really isn't the issue. The biggest problem at this point, beyond a Defcon venue, is probably that of schedules. The members that comprise The Minibosses have lives to live (*fighting temptation to crack a joke*) and they did spend last weekend out-of-town.

Plus, talent extraordinaire Robin Vining (who played with them at last year's Defcon) is in half a dozen bands.

But, Holy Hell do you guys have to hear the new (err, old?) Batman song! It will blow you away. Just make sure they play it early in the evening because alcohol is not kind to the rhythm.

Comment

for those that wish to see minibosses i recommend two things...

1. http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=9682
                      2. find and follow defcon16 on twitter

Comment

Very well played, Mr Aaron.....
                        DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

very awesome! had a great time

Comment

this totally made my DEFCON.

i have to say... this whole week and a half went from being good to being great to being just a short list of stuff that would put me completely over the top. at the end, literally all but one thing was scratched off that list. and these were all wickedly unlikely happenings like seeing certain people in town, making it to specific off-campus events, finding particularly good drugs or rare booze, and seeing the minibosses.

that last one seemed like a distant, distant impossible wish. like a vintage saturday night live reunion is happening and people saying "i wish Gilda or John could be here"... you just assume it can't happen and consign that to the realm of fantasy.

seeing the guys play, even for just a few minutes -- i was wrangling my staff to get the village broken down and had to get my slides ready for the closing ceremonies, totally made my con. just knowing that they made it to DEFCON in spite of all the bullshit should warm everyone's hearts.

next year... we need a venue with more exposure if we can do this legally and properly. a huge crowd coming and going that can assemble and get their own drinks... that's what is required to get an audience who is properly raging. can't help but imagine there are others out at DEFCON who would dance as crazy as me to the bosses if only they knew they were there.
                            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                            - Trent Reznor

Comment

RE: Minibosses appearing at DC16 YO!

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                              this totally made my DEFCON.

seeing the guys play, even for just a few minutes -- i was wrangling my staff to get the village broken down and had to get my slides ready for the closing ceremonies, totally made my con. :

Deviant: I would have paid money to see your face when I sent you that text message saying when and where the Bosses were.

Minibosses: I would have loved to have made it, but duties at my vendor booth kept me from going, but didn't keep me from texting the right people! Someone came up and told me where you guys were and that you were here and I sure know I was smilin' super big.
                              DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Working...
                              X