Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory loot thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Obligatory loot thread

    Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
    To further geekify my office and keep the normals out, my sister got me one of these for Christmas:

    http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/7437/

    It goes nicely with my borg light, and binary clock.
    Ooooooo! That's my TIX clock! I got one last year and it ran well for a bit. Two LED's went dim, so had to replace them. But I love that clock!

    Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
    Now I just need to get 30 of these: http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/ae39/ to decorate one of the other walls.
    That looks like fun...Gotta have it! :-)

    Nice haul there streaker...

    Regards,

    valkyrie
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    sapere aude

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Obligatory loot thread

      I received a surprising amount of loot. Full cooking set (because I dig being able to make more than just mac n' cheese and ramen noodles now), nice wool jacket, wii fit...

      The exorcist anthology greatly amuses me.

      The only gift I didn't get that my heart lusts for is a Nikon D80. Think I'll have to start selling orphans again to afford it.
      Now known as Lord Nikon.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Obligatory loot thread

        Originally posted by valkyrie View Post
        Ooooooo! That's my TIX clock! I got one last year and it ran well for a bit. Two LED's went dim, so had to replace them. But I love that clock!
        I have it sitting on top of the monitor that's running the SONAR screen saver, which is pinging devices on the network.

        Now, if there was only a screen saver that ran through launch codes the way WOPR did it for the other machine in the office.
        A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Obligatory loot thread

          [QUOTE=Now, if there was only a screen saver that ran through launch codes the way WOPR did it for the other machine in the office.[/QUOTE]

          Couldn't you make your own? I wouldn't think it'd be that hard (especially after seeing the star trek-themed reports you engineered XD)
          Now known as Lord Nikon.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Obligatory loot thread

            - A fleece blanket with snuggling squid on it[!]
            - Cozy socks and a pair of down slippers
            - Two nice wooden cutting boards
            - Four types of delicious chutney
            - A massive wheel of brie and a pair of pomegranates
            - An awesome carousel tiger Christmas ornament [gorgeous and my second ornament ever..]
            - A couple B&N gift cards, which coincided brilliantly with the going-out-of-business sale of a local B Dalton bookstore.

            I don't like collecting stuff, so this year was perfect.
            " 'Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation' yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation."
            - Willard Orman Van Quine

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Obligatory loot thread

              I didnt get much of anything, which was fine with me. What I did get was stuff I like, so that worked out.

              3 new hedgehog ornaments*
              a copy of 'The BREN gun saga' coffee table book
              cool mouse pad of a British soldier with said BREN gun
              Bushnell laser bore sighter
              machined titanium chopsticks
              new field medical kit
              some BBQing accessories

              We didn't even do a Christmas tree this year, largely because of our trip to the UK for new years.

              *little known noid fact, I collect hedgehog figurines and ornaments. yes, hedgehogs.

              I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Obligatory loot thread

                Apparently I wasn't done getting presents. This weekend I got the Bladerunner 4-disc edition, Sweeney Todd 2-disc, Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog on DVD, and a highly addictive DS game called Cooking Mama.
                She understands, but she doesn't comprehend...

                The day I stop learning is the day they put me in a box.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Obligatory loot thread

                  Originally posted by Sereyna View Post
                  Apparently I wasn't done getting presents. This weekend I got the Bladerunner 4-disc edition, Sweeney Todd 2-disc, Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog on DVD, and a highly addictive DS game called Cooking Mama.
                  If you think its addictive on the DS, try it on the Wii. That and Raving Rabbids.

                  I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Obligatory loot thread

                    I got a cool new hammock for camping in and a camera lens. My mom also got me a little WallE table lamp which is way cooler than it should be.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Obligatory loot thread

                      Originally posted by code08 View Post
                      I got a cool new hammock for camping in and a camera lens. My mom also got me a little WallE table lamp which is way cooler than it should be.
                      Ah yes, the hammock, a great way to stay off the ground and away from the creepy crawlies!
                      "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Obligatory loot thread

                        Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                        Ah yes, the hammock, a great way to stay off the ground and away from the creepy crawlies!
                        Haha you dont even know. Now when I go camping I get to set up my hammock where ever there are trees then stay high and dry while all the normal campers have to lay on the ground.

                        Check it out they are actually pretty cool
                        http://hennessyhammock.com/

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Obligatory loot thread

                          Originally posted by code08 View Post
                          Haha you dont even know. Now when I go camping I get to set up my hammock where ever there are trees then stay high and dry while all the normal campers have to lay on the ground.

                          Check it out they are actually pretty cool
                          http://hennessyhammock.com/
                          That is awesome. Adding one of those to my wish list.
                          "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X