Coffee Wars X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Wars X

Yes, it's true. It's been Ten (10) years of over caffeinated fun. We'll be back, once more, so that you can test your brew.

Updates may be provided from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/coffeewars

Where's the Jamaican Blue Mountain that's won in years past? Does this mean that Kona wins by default?

Re: Coffee Wars X

Originally posted by shrdlu View Post
    Yes, it's true. It's been Ten (10) years of over caffeinated fun. We'll be back, once more, so that you can test your brew.

Updates may be provided from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/coffeewars

Where's the Jamaican Blue Mountain that's won in years past? Does this mean that Kona wins by default?
    I've missed coffee wars 2 straight years in a row and don't plan to miss them this year. Vegas sucks for a good(non-Dunkin Do-nots style) cup of Joe. A portable espresso device would be nice but I will settle for recommendations to good stuff(strong; crystal meth strong :-)) I can make in my room.

Please don't make me Twitter I'm too old for that.

xor
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Thanks! Added to forum description as a (twitter) link. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
        I've missed coffee wars 2 straight years in a row and don't plan to miss them this year. Vegas sucks for a good(non-Dunkin Do-nots style) cup of Joe. A portable espresso device would be nice but I will settle for recommendations to good stuff(strong; crystal meth strong :-)) I can make in my room.
        Before I forget this request, let me recommend Pony Express, which you can order from Thanksgiving Coffee.

http://store.thanksgivingcoffee.com/...roducts_id=147

Nearly twice the caffeine of an Arabica bean, it'll definitely get your heart started.

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post

Please don't make me Twitter I'm too old for that.

xor
          From my reading this afternoon, the "Aerobie AeroPress" ($25ish) is the best thing since multiple orgasms. It reportedly compares favorably with the (ultimate yuppie scam) $11K Clover Coffee Maker. Amazon, here I come.

After Defcon, it's coming to the office with me.

Surreal

Comment

I have one bag of last year's defending champion Aloha Fed beans. (No, the beans aren't from last year, but it's the same stuff.) Shall I bring it along? (No clamor for it means I drink it myself instead, but where's the camaraderie in that?) - G. Mark
            Check out the HACKER JEOPARDY forum at

Comment

Originally posted by G Mark View Post
              I have one bag of last year's defending champion Aloha Fed beans. (No, the beans aren't from last year, but it's the same stuff.) Shall I bring it along? (No clamor for it means I drink it myself instead, but where's the camaraderie in that?) - G. Mark
              Why wouldn't you want to bring this? And share it?

Of course you should bring it.

Comment

Before I forget this request, let me recommend Pony Express, which you can order from Thanksgiving Coffee.

http://store.thanksgivingcoffee.com/...roducts_id=147

Nearly twice the caffeine of an Arabica bean, it'll definitely get your heart started.
                Oh, and after actually *drinking* this, let me take back my recommendation. It's still Robusta, and it still tastes just like Robusta beans. Ick.

Comment

Working...
                X