Podcasters Meetup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Podcasters Meetup

This will be the second year we will be doing a live show from DefCon. As always, it will be a live recording open and welcoming to everyone and anyone. We usually have prizes and free drinks (until the money runs out) damn alcoholics.

Planning starts now so any input on what we did wrong or what you liked is greatly appreciated.
    ------------------------
    Mubix
    ------------------------
    2 cents deposited
    ------------------------

Re: Podcasters Meetup

Originally posted by mubix View Post
    This will be the second year we will be doing a live show from DefCon. As always, it will be a live recording open and welcoming to everyone and anyone. We usually have prizes and free drinks (until the money runs out) damn alcoholics.

Planning starts now so any input on what we did wrong or what you liked is greatly appreciated.
    Get a large Mixer(16 channel), get it to someone to play with before hand, skpye in & out, Sound effects, etc, & outputs to speakers for the audience, as well as a mix feed for headphones I have a 4 port headphone mixer.

-- Tkrabec

Comment

I think we also did a pretty piss poor job getting the word out about it last year.

We need banners, flyers, and people talking about it this year. It is just frustrating that there is some 8k people there, and I doubt 1% knew about the meetup. arrgh!

I am willing to help out again this year -- For those who where not able to go, mubix did a fucking awesome job doing the podcasters meetup at shmoocon.

Comment

Originally posted by hevnsnt View Post
        I think we also did a pretty piss poor job getting the word out about it last year.

We need banners, flyers, and people talking about it this year. It is just frustrating that there is some 8k people there, and I doubt 1% knew about the meetup. arrgh!

I am willing to help out again this year -- For those who where not able to go, mubix did a fucking awesome job doing the podcasters meetup at shmoocon.
        If you get a section in the forum started for it.. like here.. we can like to it from the main defcon site and help promote it. Once you have a time and place selected just let neil@defcon know and he'll RSS about it, list it as an event, etc.

One thing we are doing with the new site redesign is to hopefully make it easier for people to know about all the happenings.
        PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
          If you get a section in the forum started for it.. like here.. we can like to it from the main defcon site and help promote it. Once you have a time and place selected just let neil@defcon know and he'll RSS about it, list it as an event, etc.

One thing we are doing with the new site redesign is to hopefully make it easier for people to know about all the happenings.
          DT: is this an event [official or unofficial] ? Sounds like it might be based on your response. If so, just give the word, and a new event forum can be made for it. (I wasn't there last year, and this is the first I've heard about this.)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
            DT: is this an event [official or unofficial] ? Sounds like it might be based on your response. If so, just give the word, and a new event forum can be made for it. (I wasn't there last year, and this is the first I've heard about this.)
            I think 'unofficial' is best, that way we can promote them and get 'em in the schedule.
            PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
              I think 'unofficial' is best, that way we can promote them and get 'em in the schedule.
              Look! Magic! You say it is an event and a forum magically appears to contain the thread!

Podcaster people:
              Here is a forum for discussion about this event. The old location of this thread before the move is now a redirection to this new location in this new forum.

Good luck!

Comment

Hehe- they get a forum, then stop posting! :)

1o57

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                  Hehe- they get a forum, then stop posting! :)

1o57
                  No worries; Spot the Fed gets a forum and every year has almost no posters -- probably because it is a mature contest, and people understand it, so there is no need for questions or discussion.

That is totally fine. It is better to have a place available even if it is not used than need a place to discuss something and not have one. :-)

Comment

Mubix I've got a Peavey 14, I'm planning on bringing that to he meetup.

I would like anyone else who is planning on bringing a mixer or Mic to chime in so we can start getting the gear assembled. Also I'd love to get a speaker system of some sort, so the audience can actually hear us.

hit me up in here, PM or gmail

-- Tkrabec

Comment

Working...
                    X