Scavenger Hunt '09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scavenger Hunt '09

and We're back.. with lots of fun, surprises and a few more challenges that are like nothing we've done before (non-life threatening)

We'll be setting up early to kick things off as soon as the doors open this year, and I HIGHLY suggest that anyone that wants to have a team put together get signed in early!

We've gone a few different routes in the past with the Scav-hunt. From technical to just plain stupid and I feel it's time to make a return to where it started. With that in mind, the new theme and drive will bring a completely different style of event. Everything is planned to allow anyone to play. All you need is a team and the ability to out-think the judges.... for the most part.. No real driving required... can't buy your way to the win... hell, we're not even requiring ALL of your self-respect as an entrance fee this time around.

There will be plenty of prizes again (quite a bit more than we have had in the past) and I will be talking to the powers that be to ensure that the winners get a little something special to replace the feeling of loss where your dignity use to be.

See you at the table,
    Siv
    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Re: Scavenger Hunt '09

Though fishing at the Bellagio was a great item :)

What would be great is a projector playing a loop of all the submissions that were video'd. I'm positive people would stop to watch, sorta like the fun videos on wall of sheep. Should be pretty easy to set up too.
    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Go Siv, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak View Post
        and We're back..
        Welcome back Siv and everyone else. :-)

Forum for Scavenger hunt activated. Thread relocated to Scavenger Hunt forum for DC17. Redirection link exists in the old location of this thread, and will remain there for 1 month, to point people to this thread's new location and home.

Pinguino, Tacitus and you (Siviak) added back as Forum Contest/Event Leaders/Organizers for this Scavenger Hunt forum. (Same as last year. You can open/close, stick/unstick, split, and apply similar changes to threads.)

Got URL? Do you have a submission form for suggestions? Let me know and I can update the forum description.

Good luck with your contest, and good luck to participants.
        Last edited by TheCotMan; March 9th, 2009, 23:23.

Comment

Make sure you put "Buy an Inkarnit CD and/or shirt" from GM1 on the list. ;-)
          You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

Maybe we should have a secret item at the Toxic BBQ.
            There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

excellent ideas everyone.

As of right now I am unsure if we have a submissions page, so, I would ask anyone with ideas for the scavenger hunt list to email directly to ScavHunt@Siviak.org... please, don't send naked pictures of your mom.. she sends plenty on her own.
              If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

excellent ideas everyone.

As of right now I am unsure if we have a submissions page, so, I would ask anyone with ideas for the scavenger hunt list to email directly to ScavHunt@Siviak.org... please, don't send naked pictures of your mom.. she sends plenty on her own.
                The description of this event in the forums still has the url from last year:
                http://www.hackerhouse.org/hunt

It appears that the domain was sold. Do you have another? Is it ok if I purge the URL in the description for this event?

Thanks!

Comment

yeah, junk that url. though I don't think i'll have the time to set up another one just yet..

Comment

yeah, junk that url. though I don't think i'll have the time to set up another one just yet..
                    Okay. I added your submission email for suggestions on things to add to the list this year:

Originally posted by descriptionNow
                    Discussions for The DefCon Scavenger Hunt. Send suggestions for the scavenger hunt list to ScavHunt (and here is where the at symbol can be placed) Siviak (and of course you need a dot here) org

Comment

Hello All!

Had great fun in the scavenger hunt. Unfortunately, my name "sally" was included in the winners list with the hackbus team on the scavenger hunt

I'd also like to get a hold of Siviak to get some goodies

thanks Siviak
                      it was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by sally View Post
                        Hello All!

Had great fun in the scavenger hunt. Unfortunately, my name "sally" was included in the winners list with the hackbus team on the scavenger hunt

I'd also like to get a hold of Siviak to get some goodies

thanks Siviak
                        it was awesome!
                        So what team were you on instead?
                        "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Originally posted by eris View Post
                          So what team were you on instead?
                          I was on the hackbus team (I'm calling them that name): Penguin, Salem & DD.

Comment

Originally posted by sally View Post
                            I was on the hackbus team (I'm calling them that name): Penguin, Salem & DD.

So your original post was supposed to be "unfortunately my name was NOT included on the hack bus teram", got it. Ok, I have relayed this info to Siviak. He does remember something about this, a woman who helped out the first day of their hunt. Can you PM me your info for him? Or you can send it to Scavlist@gmail.com along with any comments or ideas for next year! Thanks!
                            "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

You are so right, I meant to say NOT. My bad. I'll send you the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X