Toxic BBQ is a go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic BBQ is a go

Hey everyone the next Toxic BBQ is a go were working on getting the park reservation finalized and we will be providing all of the information shortly and looking for volunteers to assist with the event. Thanks for everyone's patience and we can't wait to see everyone at the event.
    There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Re: Toxic BBQ is a go

Awesome! As usual, I will do food/booze run (pending Jim is around with giant truck again), cooking, etc.
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

i'll be hosting Titanium Chef again. things are really shaping up well with that contest. a Nintendo Wii is again likely going to be the top prize. I had a perfect idea last night, by the way, for shirts i would make up for all participants. However, being in Vancouver at the moment, the party left me in a mental state wherein i have absolutely zero recollection as to what that idea was.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by che View Post
        Awesome! As usual, I will do food/booze run (pending Jim is around with giant truck again), cooking, etc.
        I already snagged new tools (including brushes and scrubbers!) for this year, since I never did see my stuff again last year. End-of-season-clearance 4TW!

Comment

Originally posted by L0nd0 View Post
          Hey everyone the next Toxic BBQ is a go were working on getting the park reservation finalized and we will be providing all of the information shortly and looking for volunteers to assist with the event. Thanks for everyone's patience and we can't wait to see everyone at the event.
          I am also planning the ever present Hooch Wars. However considering just asking folks to bring their hooch and open it up for the public to consume and vote. I still have this nagging fear that someone is going to die of Alcohol poisoning drinking to much of what is brought (hence the end of the contest of HoochWars at Defcon TBBQ 14/15 of last person standing.

It seems the iron gut of some participants made last years change not as effective, as everyone drank what was given without significant problems..when it was changed to mystery hooch. (I felt sure someone would hurl with the combo of peppers, oreos, milk, tequila, mustard, vodka and other such in a shot..but no.)

So expect more Hooch for the masses and less attempts at public spew, falling down and self-destruction.
          +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Never been to a TBBQ, but heard it's all the rave. Please keep me in this loop :)

-OD

Comment

I have not come up with a clever design for the T-shirt this year.. Need to get that all going.. Slogan/Design, ect..

Comment

Originally posted by Joia View Post
                I already snagged new tools (including brushes and scrubbers!) for this year, since I never did see my stuff again last year. End-of-season-clearance 4TW!
                I am sorry that those did not get returned to you, we got the BBQ tool to one of the staff rooms and I was told that they made it to you. Sorry about that :( but it was awesome that you brought them.
                There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

it is truly amazing to me just how far this has come.. I look forward to seeing everyone there.... I wonder if the original thread is still around here somewhere...
                  If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

I don't suppose we can slaughter on site for fresh meat? Kinda like in Apocalypse Now? Do we need a permit, or be a member of a tribe or something?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                      I don't suppose we can slaughter on site for fresh meat? Kinda like in Apocalypse Now? Do we need a permit, or be a member of a tribe or something?
                      while that likely wouldn't fly... i think it would be a fucking killer contest to run at the TBBQ to have a butchering challenge. just hang sides of beef and see who can work them all down as quickly and efficiently as possible. (heh, do i go to hell for suggesting bonus points for people who assemble a whole team... one cutter and the rest of the folk are standing around chatting in english but shouting "mas rapido! rapido!" at the meat packer?)
                      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

The cannonball teams could collect meat along the way to Vegas.

Im working on a photo gallery for the toxicbbq site.. I have photos all the way back to Toxic BBQ I.
                        Hopefully I can get all those photos online shortly..

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
                          The cannonball teams could collect meat along the way to Vegas.
                          Ah, Route 66 Roadkill! You have to cook it on a roadsign, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak View Post
                            it is truly amazing to me just how far this has come.. I look forward to seeing everyone there.... I wonder if the original thread is still around here somewhere...
                            Not the start of casual discussion by far, but the beginning of the end:
                            https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=3462

Cheers all, great job on persisting something so adhoc and keeping it fun.
                            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

So the good news is I now have the permit for the park and I have a newer larger section of the park with more parking, shade, and a playground!

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X