This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFCON Beta site

Check out https://www.defcon.org/ and let us know if there are any compatibility problems.

The new redesign is meant to be more mobile friendly, scalable to wider and more narrow formats besides the traditional 1024x768 resolution. Javascript is not required, but if you have it turned on you can see the past 5 posts or so from the forums. If you are logged in to your twitter account you also get the last five defcon related twitters.

As Neil back fills in the rest of the site and fine tunes things we'll keep you informed!
    PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Re: DEFCON Beta site

Looks good. Hats off to Neil. Is there any way of skinning the forums/blogs to look similar? Would make for a more consistent look.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

I really like the new look. The black and blue color scheme works well on the eyes. And it does go well with the Legacy skin.
      "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Thanks guys! Glad you like it.

Methinks it wouldn't take much to line up the theme with the main site, but I have a few things left to tackle first, like that behemoth of an archives page... :)

Comment

Originally posted by neil View Post
          Thanks guys! Glad you like it.

Methinks it wouldn't take much to line up the theme with the main site, but I have a few things left to tackle first, like that behemoth of an archives page... :)
          ...and the mailing lists page?

Would you like me to send you the updated version again? I figured you'd get to this place sooner or later. :-D

Comment

It looks really sexy neil!
            "As Arthur C Clarke puts it, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Here is my corollary: "Any sufficiently technical expert is indistinguishable from a witch"."

Comment

I like the new look!

and it works well, well laid out.

good work.
              Look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology
              Ain't got time to make no apology
              Soul radiation in the dead of night
              Love in the middle of a fire fight

Comment

Much good (Revolution!) the new page!

-----------------------
                https://forum.defcon.org/blog.php?u=24251
                http://www.hunterhacker.xpg.com.br/tutoriais.htm
                http://usercash.com/go/1/23181/http:...m/5994241.html
                I have a dream, one day I will to be a american denizen! Brazil don't have nothing useful!

Comment

Urban cyber sheik, cyber phunkadilic, relevant, super phreak'in sexy. I give it 5 ack's out of
                  5. Like my new hat, website critic.

xor
                  Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

The mobile browser side looks great so far. Loads quickly and looks superb on blackberry's browser, a little skewed on Opera Mini, depending on font size in the browser's settings, but that seems to be the trend with most sites. IE seems to like it on wm6.1, same as BB on Opera. I'll toss in 5 syn's to go with xor's ack's. Great job, neil!
                    "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Thank you all for the great feedback! It's awesome to have it live. If you get a chance, check out the new archive format on the DC16 Archive page at: https://www.defcon.org/html/links/dc...6-archive.html

DC1-DC15 to come.

Comment

Well, the sites not bad...but it could be a LOT better. For starters, the site needs more advertisements. Not just something simple like googles advertisements, you need to go all the way with giant, flashy, obscene adverts. You know, something to use up some of my extra bandwidth. Oh, and could you add some kind of flash game to the web page somewhere? I can't go to sleep at night with out playing a good old fashioned flash game. You could also have the site take advantage of some exploits and hack peoples computers. I wouldn't have it use any recent exploits, but something that's been patched for a few months should work. Weeding out the suckers who are working on outdated software will help keep the site running smooth. Plus, it's a site for a Hacker conference, so who can really get mad?

P.S. The site looks good. Keep up the good work. Now if only I could get my house to look so fancy...

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPete View Post
                          Well, the sites not bad...but it could be a LOT better. For starters, the site needs more advertisements. Not just something simple like googles advertisements, you need to go all the way with giant, flashy, obscene adverts. You know, something to use up some of my extra bandwidth. ...
                          I was thinking of a site that requires java script, java, flash, and activex to work properly. Then you have to allow all cookies and all text files will be in .pdf format. That seems to be the trend, so lets stay ahead of the curve. We can be innovators. Now if I could only work in an old skool rotating flaming death skull..
                          PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                            I was thinking of a site that requires java script, java, flash, and activex to work properly. Then you have to allow all cookies and all text files will be in .pdf format. That seems to be the trend, so lets stay ahead of the curve. We can be innovators. Now if I could only work in an old skool rotating flaming death skull..
                            DT,

Without Microsoft Searchlight, the site will simply not do.
                            "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPete View Post
                              Now if only I could get my house to look so fancy...
                              That's easy. Get Neil to paint it in the same manner. May I suggest a 20-foot high version of the DC15 Steampunk chick?

(Neil, if this works out, I want a finder's fee! )
                              Thorn
                              "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Working...
                              X