This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DEFCON Beta site

Looks good on the iPhone browser too! The rollover works as well, which is a miracle for the iPhone D: I heard mention in the earlier discussion for a mobile friendly version of the forums, is this still in the plans?
    Last edited by g3k_; March 30, 2009, 15:33. Reason: derp
    "As Arthur C Clarke puts it, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Here is my corollary: "Any sufficiently technical expert is indistinguishable from a witch"."

Comment

The new site looks rad. Mobile friendly forums are always spiffy too. : D

Comment

Site is out of Beta!

Check out the new look. Awesome job Neil.

https://www.defcon.org/
        PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
          Check out the new look. Awesome job Neil.
          i agree... great new artwork and a pretty clean design that lets us find what we want. however, there is one thing that i noticed almost right away...

i began downloading some clips from the DJ action and it reminded me that we were promised seemingly ages ago for video of Recognize, the Goon Band. But i have yet to see footage of their performance make it online next to the other musical acts. What's the story there?
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post

i began downloading some clips from the DJ action and it reminded me that we were promised seemingly ages ago for video of Recognize, the Goon Band. But i have yet to see footage of their performance make it online next to the other musical acts. What's the story there?
            I'll encode it and put it up if I have it. Do you know who said they taped it?
            "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
              ... i began downloading some clips from the DJ action and it reminded me that we were promised seemingly ages ago for video of Recognize, the Goon Band. But i have yet to see footage of their performance make it on-line next to the other musical acts. What's the story there?
              As for The Goon Band, I did video record over 1 hour of the Goon Band, but the deal I offered the band was to publish it only if they agreed after they watched it. I've talked with some of the Goon Band members and they have the video I recorded. If they want it published, they will publish it.

(I really do try to only take pictures and record video for for the web when I get permission from the people involved. Sure. I hear from many people now that anyone at Defcon is, "free game," for taking pictures, but that really isn't respectful and can still lead to problems.)

I know one other person recorded video of the goon band, and I believe he abides by the same rule of conduct at Defcon and when he take video at Decon, like video of the goon band. There might be some crappy cell-phone video recordings of the band, but I think there were only 2 full-length SD or HD recordings of the goon band at DC17.

If you want them, talk to the Goon Band members, if they even decided to keep the videos.
              Last edited by TheCotMan; November 23, 2009, 16:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
                I'll encode it and put it up if I have it.
                sweet, i'd love to download that for sure.

Do you know who said they taped it?
                i do not know.
                "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                - Trent Reznor

Comment

GREAT JOB on the site . Works for me and im old school.

Comment

Originally posted by dark-wizard View Post
                    great job on the site . Works for me and im old school.
                    WE ARE VERY GLaD YOU ENJOY IT DARK-WIZARD. WE HoPED THAT THe OLD SCHOOL PEOPLe WOULD LIKe IT

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

noid: yeah, that bugged me too... An "all-caps" username and user description. This kind of thing can get people noticed, but on the other hand, it can get people noticed.

What bugged me more was a reply to a 3 month old post that basically said, (works for) "me too!"

This is addressed in the rules under Old Thread:
                      Originally posted by old threads
                      This is covered above and is covered here too: check the date on a thread before replying. Don't bother replying to old (i.e. over a month old) threads unless you have something of value to add.
                      There could have been value in the reply providing something other than, "it works for me too," like something new, or constructive criticism on how it could have been made better for the next time a new beta site is created.

There is a suggestion in the rules under ,"I'm New" that provides this advice:
                      "Introduce yourself by making an intelligent first post, asking an intelligent question, or contributing a meaningful comment to a conversation."

I'd like to encourage you to demonstrate your, "old school," experience and participate in current threads (that are less than 1 or 2 weeks old) with meaningful and intelligent discussion or commentary

Good luck!

(Closing thread. The beta was announced about 10months ago and went live over 3 months ago. I suspect a new announcement and thread when there is a major change to the production content or a new beta.)
                      Last edited by TheCotMan; January 11, 2010, 06:18.

Comment

Working...
                      X