RIV is making some changes for the better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIV is making some changes for the better

I saw hotel rooms at Sahara on Expedia as low as $24 yesterday. Just checked again. Sahara Rates
    $24 Wed, Thurs, Sun, Mon
    $75 Fri, Sat

I myself have box upon box of shirts and prizes for my Geo Challenge contest as well as the Toxic BBQ, and other events I lend a hand with. I didn't really see staying somewhere else as a viable option.

The stumbling distance when you just cant take anymore (from lack of sleep, excess of booze, ect) is always a plus too. Also the convenience of being able to dump off swag and not carry it around all day.

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
      I saw hotel rooms at Sahara on Expedia as low as $24 yesterday. Just checked again. Sahara Rates
      $24 Wed, Thurs, Sun, Mon
      $75 Fri, Sat
      Jeez, that's cheap. So, an average cost of $41/night, just to stay a block down north of the hotel (albeit a Vegas block, but still...).

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
      The stumbling distance when you just cant take anymore (from lack of sleep, excess of booze, ect) is always a plus too. Also the convenience of being able to dump off swag and not carry it around all day.
      Oh so true and that's definitely a pro on the side of staying at the Riv.

Comment

The $89/night rates are good for the weekend, but they are very high for mid-week. If you are arriving a few days early or leaving a couple of days later, check www.Vegas.com for room rates at The Riviera for as little as $28/night.
        --bc,

Comment

UPDATED: 5-5-2009: For the hotel and skybox parties, booze bought from the hotel has come down in price:
          Beer, domestic, $2
          Beer, imported, $3
          Wine, $3
          Mix drinks, $3 (I'm guessing at that price it's not top shelf)

Looks like a nice price drop!
          PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
            UPDATED: 5-5-2009: For the hotel and skybox parties, booze bought from the hotel has come down in price:
            Beer, domestic, $2
            Beer, imported, $3
            Wine, $3
            Mix drinks, $3 (I'm guessing at that price it's not top shelf)

Looks like a nice price drop!
            Badass! Those prices are quite reasonable.
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
            [ redacted ]

Comment

That rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                Some initial RIV updates:

2 - We will get the pool to 11pm for swimming and hanging out. We can do low key DJ action till then. We are currently talking with them to determine how we can keep it longer.

If we have the pool can we have our own lifeguard too? Last year the dude closed to pool because, officially, a kid jumped in with a scratch = open wound = blood in the water. It'd suck to lose pool privileges because of an uptight weenie not good enough to be an AP security guard. I'm just sayin'.

Comment

Does the Riv not understand we are in the middle of a Rescission? (in regards to room rates)

At least the F&B VP knows how to throw a rescission proof party!
                  "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
                  X