Heh... just to note, yes the Lockpick Village is happening this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh... just to note, yes the Lockpick Village is happening this year

I just noted on the main DEFCON site page that under the various events, the Lockpick Village is listed as "unknown" for it's status, or something to that effect. Just wanted to give a shout out to all interested parties (or anyone with control over that HTML) and let everyone know that we are (at least as far as i'm told) still active this year, with our customary double-skybox next to the hardware hacking village. they have more things that make sparks and blink but we've got a bathroom and stuff that goes "CLONK" really loud if you bang things together.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: Heh... just to note, yes the Lockpick Village is happening this year

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Glad to hear it (officially!)

I've got you guys blocked off in the same two sky boxes you had last year. Get busy!
      PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

i'm looking forward to it...despite the fact that i still have scars on my hand from my blindfolded attempt at gringo warrior at notacon. note to self: stab handcuffs with tension wrench. don't stab self with tension wrench. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rogueclown View Post
          i'm looking forward to it...despite the fact that i still have scars on my hand from my blindfolded attempt at gringo warrior at notacon. note to self: stab handcuffs with tension wrench. don't stab self with tension wrench. :-)
          I think I've done that every time I try Gringo. Its an interesting story to explain how I got the scars I suppose.
          ----------------------------------------
          Fraternal Order of Locksport

Comment

I'm not sure if this already happens at DC but it might be cool for people to bring unique or vintage locks and keys they have. I have always wanted to see a Bramah lock in person.

Comment

Originally posted by azma View Post
              I'm not sure if this already happens at DC but it might be cool for people to bring unique or vintage locks and keys they have. I have always wanted to see a Bramah lock in person.
              We do. Ask around to see something unique and you probably will. I had a few things mounted that people don't normally see last year on the torii gates. A lot of folks will bring parts of their collection along to show or trade.

Do you mean a replica of the challenge lock or just any bramah? Not that I've got one handy, just clarifying. If you ask early someone may have one and bring it to show you.
              ----------------------------------------
              Fraternal Order of Locksport

Comment

it would be cool to see a replica of the challenge lock but i was just thinking any Bramah would be nice to see. I kinda just wanna see how it feels to turn the key. like the feel of the first time you ever turned a disc lock or lever lock.

Comment

Good to hear, this may be the first time in years I've had any time to actually go check it out!
                  "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal View Post
                    Good to hear, this may be the first time in years I've had any time to actually go check it out!
                    will be nice to see you outside of a party setting... heh, have we ever crossed paths at a con while the sun is up?
                    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
                    X