DJ / Music content organizer needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ / Music content organizer needed!

DEFCON is looking for someone with experience to wrangle DJs and help build the line up for the B&W ball as well as _new_ pool side DJ action.

More information soon on times the pool will be open for DJ action, as well as the hours of the B&W Ball. Also new this year we would like to have DJs or mixes running in the DEFCON Cool Out Lounge during the day and night if possible. You should also have a plan for recording all the music during the B&W balls, if not everything.

We will have a sound system, etc. but we would work together to make sure it all comes together.

Start thinking now, and if you want to help run the DC DJs, speak up here!

Thanks everyone!

[Edited] Check out https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=10424 for the new thread on the Pool Party

DT
    Last edited by Dark Tangent; May 22, 2009, 12:15.
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Re: DJ / Music content organizer needed!

Don't think I would want to be the organizer but would definitely like to help out in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by njntrubl View Post
      Don't think I would want to be the organizer but would definitely like to help out in some way.
      Shem is passing me the list of people who have requested to spin, as well as who he has already accepted. There won't be any changes there, if you were already in his line up you will be in the new one as well.. I know the Goon Band was concerned about that.

Also I know sometimes parties are looking for DJs as well, and the people who don't already have a hook up sometimes ask if we know anyone good. We can always add you to the list of people willing to spin at a party, the pool, in the lounge, or at the ball. We are also looking into an economical way to allow performances!
      PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

What about GreatScott!, he seems to be in touch with all sorts of DJ type folks and is already somewhat organizing free-range DJs for peoples parties.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Hey - thanks for the good word Noid :)

I'd love to organize this, and am in touch with (or have one-degree access to) most of the talent. Let me know ASAP :) the sooner the smoother!

I also have significant event and DJ management experience - having helped throw the NSB event at this previous Winter Music Conference in Miami, managing web Internet station glitch.fm, managing a dj-mixed show on KTRU Houston, and regularly throwing events down here.
          | | |

Comment

Originally posted by greatscott View Post

I'd love to organize this, and am in touch with (or have one-degree access to) most of the talent. Let me know ASAP :) the sooner the smoother!

I also have significant event and DJ management experience - having helped throw the NSB event at this previous Winter Music Conference in Miami, managing web Internet station glitch.fm, managing a dj-mixed show on KTRU Houston, and regularly throwing events down here.
            Well, you've got my vote.

1. You are a DJ and know a bunch of DJs
            2. You have prior experience doing this in the wild
            3. You have prior experience with DEFCON

Now how bout booking some whiskey drinkin' honkey-tonk music for us folks that don't listen to a lot of techno? :) I have an ipod full of Merle Haggard and David Allen Coe you can borrow..

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

play time would most definitely be great. But if you guys need any help with the organizing let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                Shem is passing me the list of people who have requested to spin, as well as who he has already accepted. There won't be any changes there, if you were already in his line up you will be in the new one as well.. I know the Goon Band was concerned about that.

Also I know sometimes parties are looking for DJs as well, and the people who don't already have a hook up sometimes ask if we know anyone good. We can always add you to the list of people willing to spin at a party, the pool, in the lounge, or at the ball. We are also looking into an economical way to allow performances!
                Sounds great. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by greatscott View Post

You have my vote as well - I can highly recommend Scott's skills and prior event organization experience.
                  update your 404--=--

Comment

It's official, Great Scott will be the official DJ/Music organizer for the Pool/Chillout/Ball Event. I'll be helping him however I can, so If you got an email from me in the past few days and have any questions or concerns just shoot them over and I'll make sure we both get you sorted out.

Please note:
                    Great Scott will be doing all the work so be sure to give him lots of praise for it.

The DJ's Already in for this year will likely be posted soon, and yes we still have Roamers band in the line up!
                    "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

I think this was the right decision.

Scott is great.

Comment

Thanks thanks. If you need to get in touch with me - use PM on here for now. I'll be getting access to the b&w djs gmail account asap, and will let you all know when. I'll try to be super responsive!
                        | | |

Comment

Right on. I can't step up to this because I am already quadruple booked everywhere I go at Defcon and am super glad someone else got (pushed!) up to bat!
                          ======================================
                          DJ Jackalope
                          dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                          ======================================

Comment

Scott, great to be working with you! I sent you something in PM here and on the email account, just in case. Thanks!

~DJ SailorGloom {AoE}
                            Agents of Empire DJs
                            Stuttgart, Waikiki, San Diego

Comment

Corruptdata is back together and would love to play at Defcon17 doing a live un-sequenced, experimental, electronica set (or sets).

Corruptdata played the B&W Ball from 1998 to 2004 and only stopped because the band split up for 4 years ago.

When we started playing together again, just a few months ago, we decided that we would play everything live with minimal to no sequencing.

Our songs are never the same now and very organic. To us the new sound is incredible and much better then ever before. Sounds and moods are more experimental & take longer to form, so I don't think we would be right for the 1 hour set in the Black & White Ball.

We were talking with SHEM about playing the chill room 2 - 4 hours between 4 & 8 pm friday night and possible another set Saturday Pre B&W Ball or on Sunday, whatever works. We can play as long as you need since we are laying it all out there and making it up as we go. Last I heard, SHEM liked the idea and was going to pass it along.

Greatscoot, I'll send you a PM with my contact info.
                              I'm sure you know exactly what I mean,
                              When I say it's a shpadoinkle day.

Comment

Working...
                              X