Time for Everyone To Tell Me What They Think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for Everyone To Tell Me What They Think

Yeah thursday is kinda tough for me since I will be at the BBQ till close to make sure everything get cleaned up and taken care of. So I will put my vote in for friday.
    There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

OK I have a problem and I only have a few days to fix it so let's discuss. When the top of the rive became available my immediate thoughts were great, lets throw a party make it the forum meet and have someone watch a donation table. Then there was interest in the The Summit being reborn under a new and temporary organizer until next year.

1.) Someone/Group has been in contact with me to hold the summit at the top of the riv. To benefit the EFF, just as it has in years past. More details will be posted at a later date. I had originally suggested that these two events merge because they are both social events and should have a great space.However...The EFF Summit takes donations at the door as a cover charge. This IS VERY worth it and does a great service to the community. IF we hold the forum meet at the top of the Riv as well, how do we work around that?

2.) Holding the forum meet pre-summit in the same place leaves the obvious problems: a.) Too early and people are still at the BBQ. b.) Those attendees for the forum meet will be getting in without donation, and since it is not an invite only party that means the invitation is open to the whole conference.

3.) So far the best day and time for holding this meeting is Thursday Night.(seems to be the vote so far ) Finding a good space on Friday is going to be difficult. However not entirely impossible, just difficult. Since the summit meet is back on, what time would you like it on thursday as I will attempt to get you a capri room and bring down the WMD on anyone who attempts to overbook it.

Given that and given that Chris stops whining and get's over it and drags his drunk butt to the meet anyways, What would you have me do, what are YOUR suggestions?

PS @Voltage Spike, never think you are too small for something bigger, it's just plain crazy talk & you're going to sell yourself and or others short.

Nikita

EDIT---------
      There is also the idea of skipping the rooms all together and having the meet poolside at a specific time on Thursday or Friday night. This can be published and advertised and it leaves you will benefiting from the poolside DJ and an open space. You can also use it as a meeting place to join up with cool people before you all head off to parties together and some people can stay and discuss The Cot Mans long posting style and Chris's drinking problem. :-P
      Last edited by Nikita; June 5, 2009, 06:25. Reason: Forgot an option...
      "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
        PS @Voltage Spike, never think you are too small for something bigger, it's just plain crazy talk & you're going to sell yourself and or others short.
        That's such an interesting statement...
        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
          That's such an interesting statement...
          I don't even know where to begin, but you always amuse me that's for sure.
          "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

3.) So far the best day and time for holding this meeting is Thursday Night.(seems to be the vote so far ) Finding a good space on Friday is going to be difficult. However not entirely impossible, just difficult. Since the summit meet is back on, what time would you like it on Thursday as I will attempt to get you a capri room and bring down the WMD on anyone who attempts to overbook it.
            I'm okay with any room you can get us in before the start of the summit but not too early for folks that would be attending the TBBQ (Like myself, because I can't be in two places at one time yet.) Or....

There is also the idea of skipping the rooms all together and having the meet poolside at a specific time on Thursday or Friday night. This can be published and advertised and it leaves you will benefiting from the poolside DJ and an open space. You can also use it as a meeting place to join up with cool people before you all head off to parties together and some people can stay and discuss The Cot Mans long posting style and Chris's drinking problem. :-P
            I'd go for this too; as I think it would be more open and maybe just maybe Chris & others would be more able to stop by.

Anyone else want to add thoughts to this? HighWiz, Chris, anyone.....
            "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

I for one would be all for poolside, I'd think it would definitely be a more open environment than a Capri room.
              "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Too open an environment may make it hard to meet/talk with forum people, with all the 'extras' milling around- not that I care, but I'd like to meet the people I actually talk to here...

LosT

Comment

The Forum meet has a Location. It will be Thursday in room 113. Please tell me the Time in which you wish to occupy the room ASAP. I need to get this scheduled in in case we wish to use the room during the times you will not be using it.
                  "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

The Forum meet has a Location. It will be Thursday in room 113. Please tell me the Time in which you wish to occupy the room ASAP. I need to get this scheduled in in case we wish to use the room during the times you will not be using it.
                    Let's go for a start time of 7:30pm till 10-10:30pm.

I'll get the write up to you here in a day or two.
                    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak View Post
                      Let's go for a start time of 7:30pm till 10-10:30pm.

I'll get the write up to you here in a day or two.
                      It will be in room 111 on Thursday. You will have it from 7pm on, start the event when you wish. Sorry I told you it was 113 before, apparently there was a misconfiguration with the room assignments. Please mail me off the forums as I need some additional info from you.
                      "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

It will be in room 111 on Thursday. You will have it from 7pm on, start the event when you wish. Sorry I told you it was 113 before, apparently there was a misconfiguration with the room assignments. Please mail me off the forums as I need some additional info from you.
                        Nikita,

Thanks for making this happen.
                        I presume you mean anybody planning on attending email you off forum?
                        Now we just need to figure out how to grease the wheels of nerdish socilization. :)

Rhenium

Comment

Originally posted by Rhenium View Post
                          <snip snip>
                          Now we just need to figure out how to grease the wheels of nerdish socilization. :)
                          Rhenium
                          It comes in bottles, usually glass. Often regarded as "bring your own".
                          "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rhenium View Post
                            Nikita,
                            I presume you mean anybody planning on attending email you off forum?
                            No that remark was posted towards me and I have already emailed Nikita at her dc email.

So please do not overload her with emails, she's busy enough as it is and the last thing we want is to send her over the edge of sanity.

Comment

Working...
                            X