Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pool Party!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pool Party!

    This year the Riv is extending the hours we can use and hang out at the pool!

    Friday and Saturday we can party down with DJ action until 11pm, at which time we need to switch to a low key chill mode and we can then hang out till 2am. As usual no glass is allowed in the pool area for obvious safety reasons, as well as no vomiting in the pool. Save that for your towel.

    On a related note there are 5 pool side suites, three of which are still available, so I suggest if you want to have a room party / pool party that might be an ideal location to throw it. I'll get availability and pricing and post it here.

    I know this has been long in coming, and those of you that have held out I am pleased to say (most) of your wishes have been granted.

    Now we just need to get some DJs lined up and who knows what else - as long as it is not pooltwogirl.
    The Dark Tangent: Use PGP for email Key ID: 0x8B0B476D
    Fingerprint: EA2B 63F9 2219 9171 2AB1 0065 FC59 8B0B 476D

  • #2
    Re: Pool Party!

    Rockin! Can we get a life guard with 100% less attitude than the one we had last year? I am still impressed, to this very day, by the restraint shown by my goons during that fracas.

    I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

    Comment


    • #3
      Will make forum for this tonight.

      Created forum. Moved thread. Redirect from old location will persist for 2 weeks and auto delete leaving only this thread in this forum.

      Present description is:
      (Title) "Pool Party!"
      (Description) "New for Defcon 17: We have extended hours at the pool! Spinning, DJs, Hackers -- Pool Party!"

      Please let me know if this should be changed.
      Last edited by TheCotMan; May 22nd, 2009, 21:32.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pool Party!

        Is there some trick to booking these suites? I called and was told they were part of the regular block of rooms, and that all rooms are first come first serve. They were not able to hold a room, and that the rooms were the same price as the rest of the rooms in that building.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pool Party!

          Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
          Is there some trick to booking these suites? I called and was told they were part of the regular block of rooms, and that all rooms are first come first serve. They were not able to hold a room, and that the rooms were the same price as the rest of the rooms in that building.
          What exactly did you say?
          And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Pool Party!

            This is the info I have:

            " There are a total of 5 two-bedroom suites and 1 one-bedroom suite, by the pool. Out of these suites, there are only 2 two-bedroom suites and 1 one-bedroom suite available right now. The remaining two-bedroom suites are either all booked up or only the suite side is booked and the connecting regular room is available, but it doesn't open out to the pool (like the suite side does).

            The rates are $320 for a one-bedroom suite and $420 for the two-bedroom suite.

            If you want to book any of these it needs to be soon. "
            The Dark Tangent: Use PGP for email Key ID: 0x8B0B476D
            Fingerprint: EA2B 63F9 2219 9171 2AB1 0065 FC59 8B0B 476D

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Pool Party!

              Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
              This is the info I have:

              " There are a total of 5 two-bedroom suites and 1 one-bedroom suite, by the pool. Out of these suites, there are only 2 two-bedroom suites and 1 one-bedroom suite available right now. The remaining two-bedroom suites are either all booked up or only the suite side is booked and the connecting regular room is available, but it doesn't open out to the pool (like the suite side does).

              The rates are $320 for a one-bedroom suite and $420 for the two-bedroom suite.

              If you want to book any of these it needs to be soon. "
              I called prior to your announcement on the forum and I was able to get a suite, that's why I was curious exactly what Syntax said to them to have them tell him that "all the rooms were the same and first come first serve". I didn't know whether he specific he was looking for a suite or just "one of the rooms by the pool".

              Oh, and DT may have negotiated a Different Rate, but when I called they told me the $320/$420 rate was Prior to the Tax Increase that will happen in July and the price will actually be hirer when you stay... Something to keep in mind.
              Last edited by HighWiz; May 24th, 2009, 20:24. Reason: Added info
              And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Pool Party!

                I went to the Riviera yesterday, confirmed my room and got it upgraded. Easy as pie.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Pool Party!

                  I told them I wanted to book a room adjacent to the pool, and then proceeded to describe the rooms as "the ones with the patio and gate that opens to the sidewalk in the pool area".

                  Thats when they told me they were just regular rooms and part of the block in that buildings they said "those are our newer rooms with the fridge and extra renovations".

                  Then I told them the conference organizer had announced there were 5, and 3 were still available, and then they began telling me it wasn't possible, they weren't able to reserve those rooms, they are first come first serve, then they offered to put a note on my regular reservation that I preferred to have one of those rooms..

                  Apparently I got a clueless employee.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Pool Party!

                    Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
                    I told them I wanted to book a room adjacent to the pool, and then proceeded to describe the rooms as "the ones with the patio and gate that opens to the sidewalk in the pool area".

                    Thats when they told me they were just regular rooms and part of the block in that buildings they said "those are our newer rooms with the fridge and extra renovations".

                    Then I told them the conference organizer had announced there were 5, and 3 were still available, and then they began telling me it wasn't possible, they weren't able to reserve those rooms, they are first come first serve, then they offered to put a note on my regular reservation that I preferred to have one of those rooms..

                    Apparently I got a clueless employee.
                    If/when you call back, make sure to use the word "suite". From what the Reservation guy who was flirting with me told me, they have to get a managers approval to book a suite.
                    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Pool Party!

                      Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
                      Apparently I got a clueless employee.
                      That's a job requirement.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Pool Party!

                        And while there may be no PoolTwoGirl, I'm sure someone still has the commemorative poster and *should* bring it to inaugurate this lovely pool turn of events.
                        “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Pool Party!

                          I guess that means they didn't like the swamp we so painstakingly created last year?

                          Astcell, you need to get a life size poster made of pool2girl. *wink*
                          In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Pool Party!

                            The poster that exists is about 36x48 inches or so. I think it is larger than life though I have not placed it beside the original to compare. Queeg is the caretaker so you will want to call him on it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Pool Party!

                              As long as the lifeguard and Riv security don't object, Bunnies for Priest will provide Priests balls http://www.flickr.com/photos/1118215...7606749854497/ for playing with in the pool. That is assuming the mice haven't chewed too many holes in them while stored in the interim. We will bring a roll of duct tape just in case.

                              dotzero

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X