Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More FREE salvaged parts for the HHV... with a catch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More FREE salvaged parts for the HHV... with a catch.

Last year I donated several boxes of old circuit boards and other electronic components to the Hardware Hacking Village. If they were useful I can do it again for DC17, but I'm afraid there would be a catch this time.

I had planned on attending DC17 but my schedule just got a bit uncertain and I'm not sure I'll be able to make it after all. On top of that, I need to clear out some space in my basement ASAP. I have two boxes full of parts ready to go, and will probably have another box or two filled by the end of the week. Are there any DC17 attendees in the Salt Lake area who are willing to take these boxes off my hands and carry them down to Vegas this year for the HHV? On the bright side, you'd get the first crack at cherry picking through the parts!

If possible I'd like to have these moved out of here by the middle of June. I really need the space at the moment. If you need to know the size, each box is one of the cases that holds 10 reams of paper.

This time the parts are mostly circuit boards from old PC components, with a smattering of consumer electronics mixed in. If anyone has an opinion on the matter, I'm open to feedback as to which parts were or were not as useful last time, so that I know what to keep an eye out for in the future.

Re: More FREE salvaged parts for the HHV... with a catch.

While I can't help you out with that, I just want to say thanks for the junk from last year! It was tons of fun and I know a lot of us found it useful. It definitely directly contributed to the debauchery of many a badge. I hope someone is able to help out and make this possible again for this year! Most of all though, thanks! Those motherboards provided in infinite source of capacitors (I may or may not have blown a few...)
    afterburn

Comment

Originally posted by afterburn188 View Post
      I hope someone is able to help out and make this possible again for this year!
      I think I have quite a bit-o-shit laying around, and Im local so there are no transportation issues. Are you guys interested in various development automotive modules? I have a few ignition, Wireless Control Modules, etc laying around from prototype cars that became defunct. More than happy to bring them, and I may even be able to find specs and wiring diagrams to accompany them.
      Last edited by ripshy; June 8, 2009, 07:06. Reason: proof-read
      Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

Originally posted by ripshy View Post
        I think I have quite a bit-o-shit laying around, and Im local so there are no transportation issues. Are you guys interested in various development automotive modules? I have a few ignition, Wireless Control Modules, etc laying around from prototype cars that became defunct. More than happy to bring them, and I may even be able to find specs and wiring diagrams to accompany them.
        I'd be interested in them.
        Thorn
        "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn View Post
          I'd be interested in them.
          No problem...ill dig hem out of the garage this weekend.
          Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

Kind of reminds me of The great internet migratory box of electronics junk

http://tgimboej.org/

Sounds like a good idea. Might bring by some random stuff I have laying around.
            perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

Comment

Please don't forget that Vegas 2.0 has air conditioned space in Las Vegas. Anything in HHV that you don't want to truck back and just have available to roll to next DEF CON we can store for you! We extended this offer last year, and - while people were interested - my Cell phone never rang to come pick up the stuff!

PM me for details.
              "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
              X