Field Stripping Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Field Stripping Competition

Sounds fun to me, I will most likely fail to open a damn thing but that's okay. I'd like to see what you want on the hard side. Pins? Dimples? Electronic? Given you may only be getting me from FOOLS this year, I may have to grab innocent bystanders.

When we say hand tools, are we talking impression tools as well? I'm not big on pick guns, bump keys or vibrators, but you know, if you want to get down with those we can try that as well.

Names?
    um...
    pick of the litter? maybe you could win a kitten. or have to eat one.

Looks like a lot of fun though. Really.
    ----------------------------------------
    Fraternal Order of Locksport

Comment

Originally posted by Schuyler View Post
      Love the above. My concept was a relay concept, but the above sounds like a cluster...pick, which would be exciting as hell.
      and we have a name! CLUSTERPICK... but the logo would be a sign that clearly said CLUSTERFUCK but with parts of the second letter "U" ripped off and moved around to make the "F" into a "P" and leave the "U" looking like a letter "I"

Especially if reps from all 3 are at a big ol' table together.
      i had pictured separate round tables... one for each team, and one "public" for anyone at all.

I'd say go ahead and completely rule out non-hand tools.
      i could agree with that. so, bumping would be allowed, as would shimming, etc? (but additional points, etc. for picking)

We could have this as the closeout of the village.
      i agree that this totally should be a sunday event. like, around 15:30 in order to end at 15:45... a few last minutes of remaining pick sales and other wrap-up stuff (maybe giving away locks that are dead or otherwise not worth taking home) so that every non-staff member is outta there by 16:00. one hour of quiet time for staff only to pack up gear, prepare prizes and photos for the closing, etc. before the final ceremony kicks off.

Originally posted by valanx View Post
      Sounds fun to me, I will most likely fail to open a damn thing but that's okay. I'd like to see what you want on the hard side. Pins? Dimples? Electronic?
      for "hard" we'd want things that in reality could be opened with just hand tools in 15 minutes or so... i'd max out around medeco or other high-security locks that have known exploits. and even then, i'd say it should be limited to just two high security locks in each grab bag.

Given you may only be getting me from FOOLS this year, I may have to grab innocent bystanders.
      no Dosman? no crazy clown makeup kid? jeebus, what is wrong with your whole crew? i was hoping we could field a team of four people at each table.

When we say hand tools, are we talking impression tools as well?
      i think that anything like that should be allowed... but there would be two scoring categories for all locks... picking (decoding in the case of combo locks) and "any other means" which would include shimming, bumping, impressioning, etc.

mods... care to split this off into a new "Lockpicking Contest" sub-forum called "Clusterpick" ?
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
        no Dosman? no crazy clown makeup kid? jeebus, what is wrong with your whole crew? i was hoping we could field a team of four people at each table.
        Well, since Babak wants to join FOOLS anyway, he can sit at our table- I don't mind being handicapped. =D

By Sunday I expect I will be pretty well exhausted, burned, sore, and generally out of it. Maybe I can get some volunteers or something. Either way expect that I'll represent regardless.
        ----------------------------------------
        Fraternal Order of Locksport

Comment

Well, since Babak wants to join FOOLS anyway, he can sit at our table- I don't mind being handicapped. =D

By Sunday I expect I will be pretty well exhausted, burned, sore, and generally out of it. Maybe I can get some volunteers or something. Either way expect that I'll represent regardless.
          Yeah, remembering how well I did in the obstacle course at the end of last year's village (handily schooled by a 10 year old, that is) I think we're all gonna be pretty punch drunk. Should make for a good time. I think you should bring FOOL deputy badges to recruit your Sunday crew...

Comment

Working...
          X