A request to those bringing things: Liquid flux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A request to those bringing things: Liquid flux

Ok, I am bringing a jug of liquid flux, anyone else attending who can also bring some liquid flux it will be appreciated- especially if you have applicator bottles- so that we have plenty-

I have procured a donation of a bunch of surface mount 'practice' kits, that is kits you just solder up but are meant to be a keychain.... and we will need lots of liquid flux...

LosT

Re: A request to those bringing things: Liquid flux

what kind of applicator bottles work best with this type of flux? I might be able to acquire some. Is this the flux that looks like liquid ear wax and is stick to the touch?

I will also have plenty of non-drinkable alcohol for cleaning up flux as well as a acid brush supply.

Originally posted by LosT View Post
    Ok, I am bringing a jug of liquid flux, anyone else attending who can also bring some liquid flux it will be appreciated- especially if you have applicator bottles- so that we have plenty-

I have procured a donation of a bunch of surface mount 'practice' kits, that is kits you just solder up but are meant to be a keychain.... and we will need lots of liquid flux...

LosT

Comment

He's probably talking about one of these:

A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

that's what I was thinking and I know where I can pick up a few for cheap.

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
        He's probably talking about one of these:

Comment

Yes, those bottles are the best for this kind of soldering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_cDV92IuWY

You can see the liquid flux used several times in that video

1o57

Comment

I just ordered 10 bottles. Do we need more liquid flux?

Yes, those bottles are the best for this kind of soldering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_cDV92IuWY

You can see the liquid flux used several times in that video

1o57

Comment

Some people may want to take some home? A second jug might not be a bad idea...

1o57

Originally posted by bombnav View Post
              I just ordered 10 bottles. Do we need more liquid flux?

Comment

Lost can you send me info on the flux you have so I can do some shopping.

Some people may want to take some home? A second jug might not be a bad idea...

1o57

Comment

I may just order lots extra and sell (at cost) bottles for people who don't want to buy it in huge quantity...

Any interest in this?

Comment

I'd buy some. Maybe the SMT kits you have could include this as part of the cost.

I may just order lots extra and sell (at cost) bottles for people who don't want to buy it in huge quantity...

Any interest in this?

Comment

Any interest in this?

I would since I can't find mine after renovating the RenderLab and it's one less thing to have the TSA swipe from my bag on the way down.
                      Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

I would pick up one of the small flux applicator bottles from you guys if you have them for sale. I was going to pick one up before the con, but you just saved me some hassle.

If you decide to get them for the con, just post on that.

Thanks,
                        XS

Comment

i can pick up extra flux, flux cleaner, irons and bring it along if needed.

I've got a few spare tubs of flux paste (they're radio shack) and applicators, i'd be happy to bring along, last year i brought a couple of irons and some tools too.

Shame i didn't see this yesterday, i was over at edsyn's offices and they're having a sale on some stuff, if anyones in Los angeles, van nuys area they might want to pop in and see what they've got going on, they're also doing 20% off regular stuff for the new store opening. i believe there were bottles on sale, and tools, $10 and $1 boxes of stuff.
                          - Null Space Labs

Comment

where are they located in Van Nuys? I am making a run down there tomorrow to allelectronics.

Originally posted by charliex View Post
                            i can pick up extra flux, flux cleaner, irons and bring it along if needed.

I've got a few spare tubs of flux paste (they're radio shack) and applicators, i'd be happy to bring along, last year i brought a couple of irons and some tools too.

Shame i didn't see this yesterday, i was over at edsyn's offices and they're having a sale on some stuff, if anyones in Los angeles, van nuys area they might want to pop in and see what they've got going on, they're also doing 20% off regular stuff for the new store opening. i believe there were bottles on sale, and tools, $10 and $1 boxes of stuff.

Comment

Behind the van nuys airport, woodley and arminta, 15958 Arminta Street

I'm pretty sure the bottles were on sale. (just called, they weren't , just cutters, glass brush bottles maybe, and a few tools stuff in the $10/$1 grab boxes) the .5oz bottles for a set of 10 (out of stock) are $11.19 1oz $10.68 pack of 10 , and they have a 20% discount for instore buys.

They're not open saturday though, monday's the earliest, they said if you go in and mention that its for defcon (that they talked to me today) they'd make sure the needle dispensers were on the bottles too, i tried my best at getting them to give up some stuff for defcon, they're just unaware of what it is, so they might go for it. I told them what the HHV was all about.
                              Last edited by charliex; July 10, 2009, 14:33.
                              - Null Space Labs

Comment

Working...
                              X