Ninja Party / Caezar's Challenge 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja Party / Caezar's Challenge 2009

It is with great pleasure that we announce the return of two time-honored and liver-damaging DEFCON events, the Ninja Party and Caezar's Challenge.

We're introducing a few big new twists.

After a year's hiatus due to unresolvable conflicts with the Riviera, both events have been greatly enhanced and moved off-property to a private venue, and we will be providing a non-stop private shuttle service to the event for all guests.

Historically, both events have always been unannounced. We are changing this policy this year, as there is a lot of information we need to convey ahead of time.

Things you need to know:

When you receive your Ninja Badge you'll also receive a card that contains further information on the event. Keep the card.

WHEN:

Saturday, August 1st. The event will run from 9pm until it's over. Try to arrive by 10pm, as there are sub-events occuring inside the event.

WHERE:

We will be running multiple, frequent non-stop shuttles from the Riviera to the event. There will be an obvious Ninja Shuttle Stop set up outside the conference where Ninja Badgeholders can catch the shuttle. It will take less than 5 minutes to get to the venue each way. You don't need to cab it or wait in a line, just go to the shuttle stop, it's running very frequently.

WHAT:

All the standard fare, plus some new twists:
    • There will be live demonstrations of 0-day attacks on anonymity networks at the event, courtesy of XeroBank, as well as code releases.
    • XeroBank is going to give away $250,000 (!) worth of free products and services at the event. Every guest will get free XeroBank accounts and software. You may need information stored in your Ninja Badge to facilitate this.
    • Live demonstrations of gear from the Los Angeles thinktank Mindshare Labs, including Shadowsmoke, a wall-sized fluid dynamics simulator where your actual shadow can interact with a digitally projected environment.
    • The infamous SMS wall, along with a new Internet-connected photo booth, and all kinds of neat custom-built toys.

Naturally, there is a full open bar as well. No charge for drinks, no need for drink tickets.

WHO:

Ninja Badgeholders!
    • Get your Ninja Badge from whoever you usually get it from.
    • Feds: To get a badge, just approach me directly or talk to Priest, who can help facilitate if you really don't want to come right out and flash a badge at me.
    • Feds: You may get carded at the door even if you show your credentials. This is per a direct request I personally received from Las Vegas Metro to card pretty much everybody we don't know personally in exchange for them being cool with our gig, so don't get mad at the door guy.
    • Goons: Talk to your respective head goon. There is a set of badges for goons.

SOUNDS FUN, BUT HOW DO I GET A NINJA BADGE?

We're always excited when new, brilliant people want to come to the event. If this is you, surely you can navigate the social waters, and you'll find yourself a badge.

CAN I GET A HINT FOR CAEZAR'S CHALLENGE?

"Caezar sez see your badge" is the verbatim reponse I got from CZ to that question.

SPONSORS

We'd like to thank XeroBank for stepping up to make this event, and the exciting new Ninja Badge possible. XeroBank has been supportive through the entire last 5 months of planning, and without their involvement the event may not have happened. If you'd like to show them some love, we'd appreciate it. Check out http://xerobank.com/ to see what they're all about. And remember, they're giving away a ton of stuff inside the event, as well as doing a crazy live demonstration of some 0-day attacks on anonymity networks.

We'd also like to thank Red Bull, our energy drink sponsor, they've been fantastic.

Also Onzra Security, Jose Avila, and Casa Noble Tequila for jointly providing some ridiculously high end liquor and overall support.

Other sponsors wish (for now) to remain anonymous, and we thank you all.

CONTACT

barkode ~ gmail

Re: Ninja Party / Caezar's Challenge 2009

damn typo had to edit this due to my fingers

Comment

awesome...

fuck a pirate

tw

Comment

After a year's hiatus due to unresolvable conflicts with the Riviera, both events have been greatly enhanced and moved off-property to a private venue, and we will be providing a non-stop private shuttle service to the event for all guests.

For the love of everything that is sweet and shiny, you guys never cease to amaze me. All I can say is wow, just wow.

Comment

Nice work you guys, you are back stronger as ever but I will not be there...hate that...

Comment

I, too, am pleased that the party will happen again but naturally disappointed that i won't get to attend. I simply can't ever imagine getting to any events that are off-site once DEFCON is underway.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
              I, too, am pleased that the party will happen again but naturally disappointed that i won't get to attend. I simply can't ever imagine getting to any events that are off-site once DEFCON is underway.
              Even if they are providing a 5 minute shuttle?
              tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                Even if they are providing a 5 minute shuttle?
                I agree. I never, ever leave the site - but even I could be totally swayed by a shuttle.

Comment

The off-property thing is largely a psychological issue - I hope to squash it.

The venue isn't even half a mile away as the crow flies. One-way transit time to the event is literally about 5 minutes. You can be door to door in less time than it takes to walk from the food court to the vendor area inside the Riv.

It's not like taking cab to a strip hotel and making it a half-hour long endeavor. No planning is necessary, just walk outside.

So no need to fret about getting there or back. It'll be effortless. If you have time to walk outside to the parking lot, you have time to go to the event. We made sure of it. :)

Comment

Excellent solution outside the box~
                    If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

barkode..

I have been asked about "sig others" basically do the wifes\gf's need a badge as well? Or will this be a called at the door thing?

tw

Comment

The +1 solution will be linked to a card we're handing out with the badge. So yes, people will be able to get their S.O. in.

(We could never do this officially in previous years because of capacity control/fire marshal problems, but now we have a bit more space.)

Comment

This sounds amazing. It will be my first DEFCON, so I hope to meet the right people and obtain a ninja badge.

Comment

This party definitely sounds like the one to get to!
                            Hoping I can get my hands on a badge...

Comment

I will be playing once again. Yay Ninjas!
                              ======================================
                              DJ Jackalope
                              dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                              ======================================

Comment

Working...
                              X