Interest in Black Box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in Black Box?

If there is interest, I am prepared to put together a decent offering of prizes.

TieShort
    Last edited by TieShort; July 20, 2009, 14:31. Reason: Lack of interest/Result unchanged
    -------------------------------------
    Vaka vanha Väinämöinen
    käski nuoren, käski vanhan

Re: Interest in Black Box?

Will you be providing the necessary tools to decipher your black box? I know lots of us fly in without much extra room in our bags for the tools we would like to bring.

If so, count me in.

Comment

The Black Box project you've been talking about sounds like a lot of fun, and a good way for people to learn about different bits of hardware. I support the idea, and depending on the timing, would be interested.

Comment

I am interested. I didn't see what previous threads this was discussed in though. I would like to know what the parameters of the exercise are. Looks like I may be spending a LOT of time in HHV...

Comment

A box with electronics and puzzles? :) Sounds like a mystery...

How's prep going?

Comment

All the equipment you will need will be there. This is meant to be an entry level contest, but I hope that there will be enough of a challenge, to interest the most experienced hacker out there (at least for a few minutes). There is a prize for the first two people who figure out all the features of the box. You will need to demonstrate the features and maybe explain what you think it is doing. I am still working on timing and who will check things off. There are a few tributary features. Mostly, if you have a brain and a few hours to poke around, you should be able to figure out most all of the functionality.

Polishing is on schedule. We should have 3 boxen ready for people to play with.
            Vaka vanha Väinämöinen

Comment

I am interested in this, and will try to participate!
              It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

There were about 11 people who finished the black box. It was great fun, for me at least, so I think there will be a repeat, if permitted by the powers that be. Maybe even some more advanced prices for next year.....
                Vaka vanha Väinämöinen

Comment

Originally posted by TieShort View Post
                  There were about 11 people who finished the black box. It was great fun, for me at least, so I think there will be a repeat, if permitted by the powers that be. Maybe even some more advanced prices for next year.....
                  If you get an OK from Russ and/or DT to make this a contest, and get an OK from the people that have space for you (like HHV, for example) let me know, and I can verify the OK and make a forum for your event. If the HHV will have many contests in its space, I might be able to make them sub-forums of the HHV.

Comment

I'm sad I missed this. I got busy with badge hacking, and didn't see where you were set up.
                    It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

Working...
                    X