Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to the organizers of the DC Shoot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to the organizers of the DC Shoot...

Thanks Deviant Ollam for organizing the DC Shoot, and going with the "middle of a desert" option instead of a club location. And Thanks to Merlin for locating the site, which was much cooler (temperature wise and by value) than a club or somewhere in Las Vegas.

Thank you Merlin for driving to the site ahead of time, setting up tents, and bringing out all those supplied including water jug and more. Thanks for your time and effort on this. I doubt it would have come together so well with so many supplies for people to not get dehydrated, or worse.

This was indeed a lot of fun. Thanks Deviant Ollam!

Re: Thanks to the organizers of the DC Shoot...

I'm so in for next year. My goal - have my CCW, try traveling with my guns (per Deviant's suggestions), and go to the shoot. I was a pussy this year, I shoulda just gone and put my part in with food or a car or something.

S

Comment

Agreed, thanks for setting it up Deviant, Thanks Mike and Noid for RSO'ing (was there a third? I don't remember...)

I'll definitely be back again next year.

Mel
      Secretary

Comment

This was a lot of fun. I am glad to have helped out with range duties. The real thanks belongs to Deviant. Noid; you get a big thanks too!

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Melesse View Post
          Agreed, thanks for setting it up Deviant, Thanks Mike and Noid for RSO'ing (was there a third? I don't remember...)

I'll definitely be back again next year.

Mel
          Ya, Gary was the third. Good guy..

Thanks to Deviant for setting it all up, Merlin for handling logistics, CotMan for the ride, and Mike and Gary for helping RO.

I had a blast, it was definitely worth the hassle of hauling the guns out to Vegas.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

next year i want to put in the effort of producing a well-made video clip that gives an overview of the Lockpick Village and have it played during DC101 rather than be there in person (sorry, Val... i still love you) since we felt bad about having to blast off from the shoot site with such rapidity and burn up desert highway to make it back to the Riv in time.

next year my plan will be: shoot in the AM, nothing in the afternoon, and running Titanium Chef more or less as coinciding with the BBQ, kicking teams off from the Riv at more like 16:00.

i don't want to miss even a moment of the Shoot next time. thank you all for showing up... all i did was get hyped up about the prospect of guns (this is not a taxing strain on me, actually) and then kept flogging the issue on the forums to see who would be interested.

my most maximum win (at least on my mind right now, as i pack up gear from the hotel) was the fact that i think there were almost exactly the right amount of shirts in the end and i'm not taking home huge excess inventory.

there were maybe 5 people who didn't get shirts from me, and i still have them. i'll poke people when i can about it. if somehow there was a person who didn't get a shirt but wanted one, i can still look into making a one-off printing for not too much.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Oh yeah.. the RSO...

Thanks to Noid, Mike and Gary for donating your time as RSO to keep it safe even though this was time you probably wanted to spend shooting instead of being RSO.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                Oh yeah.. the RSO...

Thanks to Noid, Mike and Gary for donating your time as RSO to keep it safe even though this was time you probably wanted to spend shooting instead of being RSO.

Thanks!
                I waited until everyone was gone, then had a blast out to 750 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Merciless_Mike View Post
                  I waited until everyone was gone, then had a blast out to 750 yards.
                  Wow. I believe noid did mention something about you and your skills, but wow. Just wow.

Comment

Thanks to all of you - I truly enjoyed the shoot, and look forward to participating next year. I seldom get involved in group activities, but Defcon is opening my mind to new kinds of fun.

OldZoot
                    Enough is too much

Comment

شكرا
                      Благодарим ви
                      谢谢
                      謝謝
                      Děkuji za pozornost
                      tak dig
                      Dank u
                      Kiitos
                      merci
                      Vielen Dank
                      Σας ευχαριστώ
                      Na gode
                      תודה רבה
                      धन्यवाद
                      Köszönöm!
                      ringraziarla
                      ありがとう
                      감사합니다
                      takk deg
                      متشکرم
                      Dziękujemy
                      obrigado
                      obrigado
                      ستاس ې څخه مننه
                      Va multumesc
                      спасибо
                      gracias
                      Hvala vam
                      vi tackas
                      ขอบคุณคุณ
                      Teşekkür ederiz
                      اپ کا شکریہ.

Thank You

xor
                      Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Deviant, noid, Mike, Gary, Merlin (and anyone else who contributed):

As everyone else is also saying, thank you for all your work to pull this off! It was a blast and my favorite event during the con!

Can't wait for next year's shoot!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                          Wow. I believe noid did mention something about you and your skills, but wow. Just wow.
                          Its a skill that can be taught. I am always happy to pass on my knowledge to others. Next year, if we use the same place, I will bring some steel targets and set them out at varing ranges and hold a basic rifleman's class after the official shoot if anyone is interested. More about this later.

BTW: The target was a rock I estimated was about 5 to 8".

Comment

I just wanted to drop in here and thank Deviant and Noid as well, this was my first year at the shoot and it was awesome :) Hope to see you all next year.

Comment

I just wanted to thank everyone who took care of this Defcon Shoot newbie. Everyone was incredibly kind in allowing me to shoot their weapons. Xor, Tim, Mike, Deviant and many others. Merlin for organizing the site, the RSO for making sure we didn't shoot ourselves, and everyone else for being generally awesome.
                              I'm currently looking at the Kel-Tec P-11 and next year I'm looking forward to getting out to the Shoot again.

Rhenium

Comment

Working...
                              X