great job and thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great job and thanks

great, great job man... thanks so much for running this! there were a few bumps here and there, but everyone was having so much fun it didn't matter. i can't believe i actually got up and sang one... dare i ask if anyone caught that with a camera? hah.

i think the location, the general setup, and overall size of the room worked pretty damn well. what might be cool next year (tell me you're going to try to do this again, right?!) would be to have some cushy couches and the like strewn around. i realize this would cut down on the usable space, but it would really do loads for the "karaoke club" feel. that and some coolers tucked in here and there.

thanks again.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: great job and thanks

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    great, great job man... thanks so much for running this!
    You're welcome!

i think the location, the general setup, and overall size of the room worked pretty damn well.
    I think the general consensus was that a larger room would be nice. Lots of people were standing along the back wall because there weren't enough chairs. The lights came on quite a few times from people accidentally bumping the lightswitch.

what might be cool next year (tell me you're going to try to do this again, right?!) would be to have some cushy couches and the like strewn around. i realize this would cut down on the usable space, but it would really do loads for the "karaoke club" feel. that and some coolers tucked in here and there.
    That would be awesome, although I don't know where we'd get the couches, and I think we'd need a bigger room to pull it off.
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Comment

Re: great job and thanks

Originally posted by bascule View Post
      That would be awesome, although I don't know where we'd get the couches, and I think we'd need a bigger room to pull it off.
      There was some idle chatter about shifting the movie night into the Den room if the Den makes another appearance. I'm not sure if the equipment was present by Thursday Night (or even who provided the couches), but there may be an opportunity there...

Comment

Working...
      X