Scavenger Hunt 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scavenger Hunt 2010

Hey folks! I just wanted to let you all know real quick that Siviak has "hired" on some new contest staff for next year. Vandal had so much fun yelling at team members all day he wants to be back next year to abuse you all some more. I loved interacting so closely with the teams(both at the table and after hours!) and have the time on my hands during the day that Siv sometimes doesn't. So watch for us at the table next year.

Vandal and I have suggested some ideas to Siviak about some things and he approves of them. He tfeels that next year the Hunt event will be a bit more back on track, more involved in the con and with it's attendees in general as well as a bit more "official" looking. We are working on a banner, more than one lappy for point scoring, some official designation of judges(such as tshirts) so team members will know right away who has the right to award points and some other fun stuff. We are going to put the effort into getting a projector and put into effect Kallahar's previously submitted suggestion as well.
    Due to time constraints and some mix ups with who was or was not available to man the table the Hunt had unfortunately gotten a bit lax but Siviak wants to beef it back up and Vandal and I have offered to help.

We hope all the teams come back next year and check out the "Grand Re-Opening" of the Scavenger Hunt!
    "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Re: Scavenger Hunt 2010

Originally posted by eris View Post
    Hey folks! I just wanted to let you all know real quick that Siviak has "hired" on some new contest staff for next year. Vandal had so much fun yelling at team members all day he wants to be back next year to abuse you all some more. I loved interacting so closely with the teams(both at the table and after hours!) and have the time on my hands during the day that Siv sometimes doesn't. So watch for us at the table next year.

Vandal and I have suggested some ideas to Siviak about some things and he approves of them. He tfeels that next year the Hunt event will be a bit more back on track, more involved in the con and with it's attendees in general as well as a bit more "official" looking. We are working on a banner, more than one lappy for point scoring, some official designation of judges(such as tshirts) so team members will know right away who has the right to award points and some other fun stuff. We are going to put the effort into getting a projector and put into effect Kallahar's previously submitted suggestion as well.
    Due to time constraints and some mix ups with who was or was not available to man the table the Hunt had unfortunately gotten a bit lax but Siviak wants to beef it back up and Vandal and I have offered to help.

We hope all the teams come back next year and check out the "Grand Re-Opening" of the Scavenger Hunt!
    Some ideas for next year:
    Proof that you helped one of the teams in the "Lost@Con Mystery [Box] Challenge" and getting through one of the stages.

Get into the top 50 on oCTF.
    Get into the top 10 on oCTF.
    Get into the top 3 on oCTF.

You have the idea... make the scavenger hunt cross into other contests in productive ways.

Another good example would be to provide a Monkey Butler in a Monkey Butler Tee Shirt.

Maybe include acquisition of items that can only be provided if the person had a time machine, or participated in something from the past, but not announce these.

An example? Picture of you firing a weapon at the Defcon shoot.

Another item that would be good: temporary Defcon badges from any specific previous year. (I got this idea from Chris.)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
      Some ideas for next year:
      Proof that you helped one of the teams in the "Lost@Con Mystery [Box] Challenge" and getting through one of the stages.

Get into the top 50 on oCTF.
      Get into the top 10 on oCTF.
      Get into the top 3 on oCTF.

You have the idea... make the scavenger hunt cross into other contests in productive ways.

Another good example would be to provide a Monkey Butler in a Monkey Butler Tee Shirt.

Maybe include acquisition of items that can only be provided if the person had a time machine, or participated in something from the past, but not announce these.

An example? Picture of you firing a weapon at the Defcon shoot.

Another item that would be good: temporary Defcon badges from any specific previous year. (I got this idea from Chris.)
      Those are all good plans. We are definitely looking toward making the Hunt a much more active part of the con itself. Ways to get team members to interact actively with other contests, at talks, to learn about the history of con as well. All suggestions are much appreciated.

We have a new address where folks can send list suggestions now.
      Please send those to scavlist@gmail.com.

Everyone loves a Monkey Butler!

Comment

It's a safe bet that I will have a team again next year.

It was good hanging out with you guys this year, awesome event!
        Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Originally posted by Salem View Post
          It's a safe bet that I will have a team again next year.

It was good hanging out with you guys this year, awesome event!
          Throw some suggestions to scavlist@gmail.com, you never know, one of your own items might make to the list. Keep an eye out for that egg to come your way!

Comment

Working...
          X