Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks lil_freak for organzing the forum meet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks lil_freak for organzing the forum meet...

Thanks lil_freak for organizing the forum meet. Sorry I was late, but at least I did show up!

On top of that, even Chris showed up. I left with a small group about 30 minutes after I arrived. Did DT show up? If he did, it would be the first year in a long time that all 3 admins showed up to the Forum Meet.

If was fun to put faces to some of the names of people I see posting on the forums.

Great job in getting everything setup and making sure, with the help of Nikita, that the space would remain your space and not get moved.

Thanks!

Re: Thanks lil_freak for organzing the forum meet...

Ditto and nice finally meeting you Lil_Freak; keep coming back; it works if you break it.

Please change any future reference to the Forum Meet from the Forum Meet to the Annual Defcon Hackers Anonymous Meeting

Either that or The Green Door Meetup

xor
    Last edited by xor; August 4, 2009, 20:45.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

It's always nice to be able to put a face to a name. And of course to actually feel like I recognized people on the second and third days of the con. :-D

And pink hair rocks. We need more pink and purple and blue hair in the world I feel. I don't think I saw any green, sadly :(

Mel
      Secretary

Comment

Thanks again for setting it up. Was sad I had to leave early but still glad I got to put some names to some faces.
        afterburn

Comment

I had a good time at the forum meet, even though I had to run out to pick up Xoltan from the airport.
          The other thing I wish I had remembered was to print and laminate my user picture, but that can wait for next year I suppose.

Rhenium

Comment

Was hoping to make it to the forum meet but was delayed shuttling people to and from the tbbq.

Hopefully next time around~
            If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

Yep, I also missed the forum meet due to toxic BBQ. It's hard to say to to the siren call of all that .. MEAT! Well, there's always DC18.

Comment

I thought it was a lot of fun!
                Next year, I'll have to make an avatar badge. I missed the beginning due to TBBQ, but was able to swing by later.
                It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhenium View Post
                  I had a good time at the forum meet, even though I had to run out to pick up Xoltan from the airport.
                  The other thing I wish I had remembered was to print and laminate my user picture, but that can wait for next year I suppose.

Rhenium
                  Defcon is kind of universal. Most folks wear them at Shmoo too as well as other cons. By the way nice meeting, and hanging out with you.

xor
                  Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Like many others, I was preoccupied at TBBQ, and didn't get back to the Riv until late. I was really disappointed to have missed the Forum Meet, though, and definitely plan on making it next time!
                    She understands, but she doesn't comprehend...

The day I stop learning is the day they put me in a box.

Comment

Being my first DEFCON and meet - it was great getting to see the faces of lead posters and admins on the forums. The circle of chairs was great.

I look forward to participating more on the forums now and seeing everyone at DC18 meetup.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey lil_freak - no more 'shortcuts' to the riviera from TBBQ...

Comment

Working...
                        X