X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beer Cooling at DEFCON 18

Originally posted by Club81 View Post
    We'll have to see what Deviant Ollam thinks of dsc's handywork
    it absolutely gets my seal of approval as long as i don't have to wear it.

(not because of the design... but simply because it's likely that it would be a white shirt and i look better in dark colors)
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
      it absolutely gets my seal of approval as long as i don't have to wear it.

(not because of the design... but simply because it's likely that it would be a white shirt and i look better in dark colors)
      Oh, hell, we can easily make that thing white on a black (or other dark color) shirt. No heartburn there.

Comment

We are dead serious about doing this. How many people are at the BCCC? Any idea how many shirts we should make? dsc is making the white on black version right now -- with updated title! Stay tuned!

Comment

dsc will have a DO-approved shirt image by tomorrow. Any idea how many we should order?

Comment

Here's the new shirt image. Any thoughts on this one?

Comment

hah, win. if i had to guess, i'd suppose you might want to make a dozen or so, like 7 or 8 XL and 4 or 5 L... keeping them "exclusive" will make them cooler, even with the MS Paint art.

still... that art does come with a side order of win. it's definitely the explanatory text that does it.
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

hah, win. if i had to guess, i'd suppose you might want to make a dozen or so, like 7 or 8 XL and 4 or 5 L... keeping them "exclusive" will make them cooler, even with the MS Paint art.

still... that art does come with a side order of win. it's definitely the explanatory text that does it.
                Can you PM me a DC logo? I want to put it on the back of the shirt (I'd like to class it up a little ). Either the smiley & bones or the full DC logo. It will go on the back between the shoulderblades.

Comment

I believe we are all set. Neil sent dsc an offical DEFCON logo (after gaining DT's approval for it to be used for the BCCC shirt) to be used on the shirt. We are planning to bring 15 or so shirts. A couple for us, a couple for Deviant, a couple for Deviant to give out to participants, and the rest to sell at a very reasonable price! I think most will be XL with some L and XXL mixed in there.

Comment

Alas I won't be in the BCC this year, but best of luck to one and all.

Comment

Is there a sign up... or do we just show up with a contraption?

Comment

Are there any hardware shops/hacker space near by, I'd want to make a vortex tube but getting that type of thing on a plane from the UK tends to raise issues?
                        Insert funny sig here

Comment

Originally posted by Metatron View Post
                          Are there any hardware shops/hacker space near by, I'd want to make a vortex tube but getting that type of thing on a plane from the UK tends to raise issues?
                          Looks like there is a Home Depot out on Decatur, a short drive from the hotel, kind of on the way to Fry's Electronics.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...GaXAyQXOqfDiCw

Not sure if you're familiar with the chain, but Home Depot should have just about anything you'd need (plumbing supplies).
                          "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." -Optimus Prime

Comment

Originally posted by mmca View Post
                            Is there a sign up... or do we just show up with a contraption?
                            no official sign-up required, although some teams do mention their intentions here in the threads just as a way to hype up the fun and their fans.
                            - Trent Reznor

Comment

no official sign-up required, although some teams do mention their intentions here in the threads just as a way to hype up the fun and their fans.
                              Team “Natural Born Chillers” will be entering into the event for the very first time…..
                              The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability.
                              Henry Ford

Comment

Shirts are IN! dsc picked them up today; they are sweet. There will be 6-8 for sale starting around noon on Friday. We'll be sporting the official BCCC all day on Friday so look for us in the pool area if you'd like to get one.

Comment

Working...
                                X