Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Sailor moon is hot!

Originally posted by blackwave

:) I don't remember that last time I used a vhs tape (probably the same reason you want to get rid of them) :)

nothing wrong w/ vhs..
    then again I am one of those behind the times people.. I got my first nintendo 2yrs ago mmm pro wrestling
    meybe in a few yrs I might actually get a tv that doesn't have uhf and rabit ears on it.. mmm butterfly antena...

toodles
    -b
    it's like a hot dog, only not.

Comment

Originally posted by mfreeck

I want cute boys.

*seconds that motion*

-b

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Sailor moon is hot!

Originally posted by bikinigurl
        nothing wrong w/ vhs..
        I was so devastated when i learned that magnetic tape was not going to be forever... I found that out when I was watching a favorite movie of mine and heard the VCR clunking and then all of a sudden oodles and oodles of tape came shooting out of the machine... from then on I knew my collection was doomed... ever since then I have moved on to DVD/VCD... much more stable :)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sailor moon is hot!

ever since then I have moved on to DVD/VCD... much more stable :)

my fav movie, atleast in the us anyway, is not ava on dvd..
          I'm sure there very may well be a <insert video format of choice here> copy of it floating around, as most movies are ava in most formats of one or the other.. I have yet to find, although I haven't been looking

have heard a rumour, from a canadian friend, that movie is on dvd.. but who knows

anyone know where I could get strange brew on dvd lemme know and I will love you forever

-b

Comment

You are not alone...

Looks like you can sign a petition to Release Strange Brew on DVD here:
            http://www.petitiononline.com/brew2002/petition.html

it appears that there are currently 60 Total Signatures

Comment

I want cute boys.
              Isn't the con all about 3000 cute boys and 75 cute girls?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sailor moon is hot!

-b
                I paid $100 for Princess Bride on VHS before it was re-released, and $75 for Times Square, I seem to find the flicks before they get released and pay too much.

Comment

Cute boys? You two are new to DefCon, arent you? We're all terribly ugly slobs with bad teeth and breath that could skin a camel from 50 yards. And those are our good quality.

*seconds that motion*

-b

Comment

Originally posted by astcell

Isn't the con all about 3000 cute boys and 75 cute girls?
                    No, that's 3000 drunk boys. BIG difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by russ
                      Cute boys? You two are new to DefCon, arent you? We're all terribly ugly slobs with bad teeth and breath that could skin a camel from 50 yards. And those are our good quality.
                      The post was about hiring out for cuteness. :D

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Sailor moon is hot!

I have moved on to DVD/VCD... much more stable :)
                        How long before the plastic degrades? Laserdiscs had a life of ~11years.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sailor moon is hot!

How long before the plastic degrades? Laserdiscs had a life of ~11years.
                          I heard around 5 years, but that was over 10 years ago... and I have had cd's for far longer that are still in pristine condition. :) Surely it must be propaganda, so after X years you throw away your good stuff, and buy new stuff.. what a better way to keep everyone in business... :) Though if you leave them on your dashboard, you are only asking for trouble.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sailor moon is hot!

I heard around 5 years, but that was over 10 years ago...
                            Yeah, that sounds pretty short to me. CDs would be more error-tolerant I'd think, esp when played in a regular cd player. I had a disc (from factory) which used to skip like hell in a cdrom I had, but played perfectly in a shitty cd player. I think DVD's would be more likely to have a shorter life because there is more information packed into them. You'd think they'd still have a longer life than laserdiscs though, just because technology has advanced, etc.

Comment

• Cute boys? You two are new to DefCon, arent you? We're all terribly ugly slobs with bad teeth and breath that could skin a camel from 50 yards. And those are our good quality.
                              Thats the truth.

Comment

• grifter == boyband materal

there are a few pretty pretty boys that show up grifter for instance looks more like a member of a boy band than a member of our group of messy mugs but then again all the pretty boys have probably been snagged up and married of just like grifter.

so in conclusion there are like 4 or 5 pretty guys out of the 3 or 4 thousnd mugs that show up
                                Nuke 'um till they glow
                                then shoot 'um in the dark
                                babalyon(sp)5

Comment

Working...
                                X