Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Defcon 18] Voltage of the DefCon 18 Badge

Kingpin,

In preparation for DC18, I am once again making a board for people to play with in the HHV (and it will be used as a party invite.) Because of the five week lead times on PCB manufacture, and cost involved in making hundreds of boards, I need one hint about the badge to make it compatible.

What voltage is the badge logic running at? The answer will make a real difference in the cost of making these boards.

Thanks,
    -Dr. Volts

Re: Voltage of the DefCon 18 Badge

Originally posted by martinbogo View Post
    Kingpin,

In preparation for DC18, I am once again making a board for people to play with in the HHV (and it will be used as a party invite.) Because of the five week lead times on PCB manufacture, and cost involved in making hundreds of boards, I need one hint about the badge to make it compatible.

What voltage is the badge logic running at? The answer will make a real difference in the cost of making these boards.

Thanks,
    -Dr. Volts

Personally, I'd ask KP in a PM or email. Any advanced info on the badge (or even seeking such info) should be conveyed in private. We already know what chip to we're working with, and any further knowledge might just prompt a few more people to have too much to work with in advance for HTB. Just my 2¢.
    "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Originally posted by sintax_error View Post
      We already know what chip to we're working with, and any further knowledge might just prompt a few more people to have too much to work with in advance for HTB. Just my 2¢.
      Info about the chip would be news to me. Is this information publicly available?

Comment

Originally posted by icenein View Post
        Info about the chip would be news to me. Mind sharing that info?

I don't think being able to read a datasheet ahead of time would be too much advanced knowledge. I'd rather be able to do that in what little free time I have now, rather than skipping some good talks at the con. ;)

Thanks!
        JoeGrand has been providing info about the badge on twitter. I've updated the content of this thread (my last post as of now() to include his latest tweets.

He also provides suggestions for software dev environment and links to software.

Comment

Working...
        X