Girl Schwag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl Schwag

I know the number of women increases each year. But is there a demand for baby doll schwag? I always make t-shirts, but this year I'm making baby doll shirts too. Would people buy them for girlfriends too?
    .: Grifter :.

hey thats cool, whats shirts are you selling this year?
    There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Design

The design is done, but I'm not releasing it till defcon. It's pretty sweet, but you'll just have to wait.

Comment

yup

my 8 year old girl sleeps in a babydoll DIS shirt from dc8

she loves it..

tw

Comment

Re: Girl Schwag

Originally posted by Grifter
          I know the number of women increases each year. But is there a demand for baby doll schwag? I always make t-shirts, but this year I'm making baby doll shirts too. Would people buy them for girlfriends too?
          Like so many other things, me and my big mouth have an opinion on this. I've given alot of thought to the abysmal selection of geek shirts out there that fit me. Often when they do make a shirt that fits me (like a babydoll), they then print it *in glitter* or pink. Maybe I am in the minority (speak up other females), but being female doesn't mean it has to be all "pretty" and cute. I just don't want it 10 times too big (I am not all *that* small, just not XL). Which leads me to....

Why aren't there geek dresses? Only because the people making the stuff don't wear dresses. Binary dresses, plans for a yagi antenna dresses, etc. There is so much more field to play with on a dress.
          </rant>

Yes, if you have a design I like, I will go out of my way to buy the size that fits. Also, a (male)small size t-shirt fits ok. It is only frustrating when sizes are L and XL.
          Last edited by mfreeck; July 2, 2002, 08:36.

Comment

Re: Re: Girl Schwag

Originally posted by mfreeck
            Why aren't there geek dresses?
            Here is an idea, start making some :)

It is only frustrating when sizes are L and XL.
            Anything else smaller than an XL fits me like a baby doll t-shirt, and that just isn't a pretty picture.

Comment

i'll buy one for my gf, and she'll wear it just because i bought it for her :)

Comment

As long as it's black, and the XL isn't a youth XL (yes, that's a common thing for baby doll shirts), I'd definitely buy one. We're currently discussing the design of a new shirt for LinuxChix, and, on average, most of us are too big for the regular baby doll shirts. There are very few manufacturers that actually make reasonably sized shirts for women. So, just as the guys are screaming for more 2X and 3X shirts, I'd like to put a shout out for bigger baby doll styles too!
                the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Like so many other things, me and my big mouth have an opinion on this. I've given alot of thought to the abysmal selection of geek shirts out there that fit me. Often when they do make a shirt that fits me (like a babydoll), they then print it *in glitter* or pink. Maybe I am in the minority (speak up other females), but being female doesn't mean it has to be all "pretty" and cute. I just don't want it 10 times too big (I am not all *that* small, just not XL).
                  damn right!

I'd love to buy a baby doll shirt, but I'm just not really into pink or glitter for my l33t hax0r wear. Girl-tailored shirt should not equal sickeningly cute. Not that I mind cute stuff, but not for hax0r wear. I want something cool looking, not something that looks like it came from the Wal-Mart slut section.

Comment

Originally posted by starlapureheart

I want something cool looking, not something that looks like it came from the Wal-Mart slut section.
                    i want the latter for my gf :)

Comment

want the latter for my gf
                      Amen to that.

Comment

sux that i cant bring her wiht me :(

Comment

My wife ends up getting stuff mail order (go Jinx!) after the con is over. Folks say they can do the women's shirts but for some reason do not, maybe they think they will not sell.

I will always get a shirt for other family members, and if the con won;t have a vendor then I just run to the Hard Rock. I'd rather have a DC shirt!

And a DC Sweater for my dog for when it snows, that would be cool.

Comment

Sorry, I won't be doing dog sweaters this year. The market is saturated. :)

Comment

Now I would definitely buy doggie t-shirts! But again, size is an issue... I need XXL, and not like itty bitty labrador XXL. I've got fat spoiled Great Danes.
                              the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Working...
                              X