X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no joy

Originally posted by encieno
    you should be able to run quicker than the cops =]

It isn't like the good old days ;) .... not too sure how it is in KC but here in SoCal unless you have some sort of EMP/EMF to drop the choppers using FLIR, etc, (and not kill your own wheels) you are pretty much SOL day or night once the birds go airbourne:)

not that this has been thought of or planned out or anything

Comment

There are body suits that hide body hear to avoid FLIR, there are Escape and Evasion classes that you can take to avoid those chasing you, plsu you can always plea bargain, just tell the judge you will fix his office computer, his home computer, his daughter's computer in college, and set up a wireless network in his ome so that he can have more than one computer online at a time. He's bound to think that imprisoning you would be like imprisoning Jesus!

Oh wait, they did worse to Jesus, nevermind. :)

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
        There are body suits that hide body hear to avoid FLIR, there are Escape and Evasion classes that you can take to avoid those chasing you,
        Shhh... don't tell everyone about this crap!.. I love watching my nightly car chase!.. besides those suits aren't the easiest to run in... the dumbest move is the people have a knack of running away from the public, and into long straight-ways... instead of blending... fools... notice you never see carchases that fail... at least not here in SoCal, it's like everyone wants to do the OJ.

Comment

It's worth the risk to run in SoCal. In the South they'll shoot out your tires and windows. If you don't get out of the car when they tell you to, they release the dogs.

Here in SoCal I missed a plane flight out of LAX due to a car jacking, they had the guy pulled over and they were calling for a counselor. Not a hostage negotiator but a welfare social worker! Cops are too worried about being sued for hurting the bad guys, nevermind the rights of us good guys!

Comment

It's worth the risk to run in SoCal.
            it makes one wonder why don't these runners make some type of plan previous to the chase.. I would have a big F U painted on white on my hood or roof.. lol ... I could imagine a well planned chase to leave anyone in the dust.

Comment

Haha, on my roof I'd write "Hi Mom, I'll be late for dinner."

Or maybe "See you at Defcon!"

Comment

Haha, on my roof I'd write "Hi Mom, I'll be late for dinner."

Or maybe "See you at Defcon!"
                Hmm possibly also "Defcon, its whats for dinner" or "Defcon the other other white meat."
                There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Ok... this is just wrong. My dear, dear husband wrote me an e-mail today that said "T minus 10". I looked at him quizzically, and replied, "But I don't leave for Vegas until the 30th". Then I thought about it, and added 10 days to today's date. He was talking about our anniversary.

<octalpussy hangs her head in shame>
                  the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Ok... this is just wrong. My dear, dear husband wrote me an e-mail today that said "T minus 10". I looked at him quizzically, and replied, "But I don't leave for Vegas until the 30th". Then I thought about it, and added 10 days to today's date. He was talking about our anniversary.
                    I guess that just goes to show what your priorities are!

But then again, mine went pretty much the same way. I'm leaving on the 30th to drive down from Vancouver, my mom's birthday is on the 31st. I didn't see any problems with that :>

When I found out when DefCon was I was all woo-hoo because it's a long weekend here for us. Then a friend of mine said "what about your birthday man, I thought you were gonna have a BBQ and shit" Then I thought, "Oh shit, my birthday's at DefCon!" Not that it's a bad thing though. Just I was more thinking about DefCon than my own birthday or my mother's.

-PoT

Comment

My wife enjoys Defcon so much that we make it our annual anniversary trip now. Considering the options, I get off pretty cheap!

Comment

lol thats a good idea maybe i will bring bekah there next yr and see what she thinks about alot of hackers and stuff running around the room and gettin wasted and stuff.

Comment

Don't forget Strippercon! I took my wife to it, she got in free, and she was even let down. I'm not counting on it this year, I'll have my head stuck in a laptop instead. And it's not that I'm a geek. The girls were just really that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Fused
                            lol thats a good idea maybe i will bring bekah there next yr and see what she thinks about alot of hackers and stuff running around the room and gettin wasted and stuff.
                            Don't forget to mentions these drunken-wasted-mad-hackers have firearms up the wazoo a few hundred feet away... ;)

Comment

The scary part is that about 99.99% of the folks own the stuff legally, drink only on private property and obey the law very well so that they cannot be touched. Remember, if they want ya, they'll get ya; you may get hung but don't bring your own rope.

Comment

Working...
                              X