Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crash And Compile

Originally posted by SmittyHalibut View Post
    You are, as they say, The Man(tm). Think I could get one of those spiffy Twitter links too? @CrashAndCompile
    Of course. :-)

Here is what the description of the forum look like right now:

Originally posted by description
    Coding, compiling, competition, consumption (of alcohol) -- think of the fun! (site), (twitter.)
    Please let me know if it needs to be changed.

Good luck!

Comment

Hey Smitty, shouldn't the winner be the guy who is LEAST drunk? :)

Comment

http://dc18.crashandcompile.com/ is up and running.

Good lord, I can't write a webpage to save my life... Anyone with some ACTUAL HTML skill want to volunteer to help me? There will likely be some cool swag in it for ya... :-)

LosT: You know how to get a hold of me. :-D
        Hey, it's clean text, mostly semantically written. Validate it a bit and your'e golden, in my opinion. I could fix it up if you want, but it would mostly look the same. I can't write CSS to save my life, but with valid HTML, someone could drop in some CSS without too much effort.
        It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
          Please let me know if it needs to be changed.

Good luck!
          It's perfect. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
            Hey Smitty, shouldn't the winner be the guy who is LEAST drunk? :)
            Depends on what you consider winning, I guess. Hacker Jeopardy has shown us year after year that this is very subjective. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by YenTheFirst View Post
              Hey, it's clean text, mostly semantically written. Validate it a bit and your'e golden, in my opinion. I could fix it up if you want, but it would mostly look the same. I can't write CSS to save my life, but with valid HTML, someone could drop in some CSS without too much effort.
              Check out the site again. @MarkGius (a minion of mine at work) cleaned up the HTML, then Mike (a friend of mine from Real Life(tm)) actually spiffed up the page a bit. Still pretty amateurish, but better than the steaming pile of HTML I wrote. But it actually has pictures now! Still no color, though. Heh.

Thanks for the offer. Oh, and you asked about being TCG: I think that can be done. Find another person for your team, and send me a DM with the information.

Comment

Depends on what you consider winning, I guess. Hacker Jeopardy has shown us year after year that this is very subjective. :-)
                Indeed it is all a matter of perspective.
                perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

Comment

so at last night's party we have concluded that my roommate fish and I shall be a team of programmers (he apparently has the ability to write brilliant code while drunk) and PG shall be on team distraction.
                  perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

Comment

Originally posted by krux View Post
                    so at last night's party we have concluded that my roommate fish and I shall be a team of programmers (he apparently has the ability to write brilliant code while drunk) and PG shall be on team distraction.
                    *taps fingers together* Excellent... :-D Make sure PG knows she'll need to buy a ticket to DefCon to get in, even at night.

Comment

When you say "dev environment of choice," does that include our language of choice, or are we stuck with cave languages like Java, C++, and C?

Comment

Originally posted by BonzoESC View Post
                        When you say "dev environment of choice," does that include our language of choice, or are we stuck with cave languages like Java, C++, and C?
                        You can write in any language that will produce the correct output, usually just text. Last time I competed, I used Perl (Hey, I'm a SysAdmin by trade; it's what I know best.) Back in The Old School Days(tm) (mid to late 90s), I saw someone compete on a PalmPilot. Not writing code on his PC to be run on the Pilot, he had a C compiler _ON_ the Pilot and was writing code in Grafiti. Incidentally, he won.

So, yeah. Your Dev environment (including language) of choice.

Comment

We've got 5 competing (read: drinking) teams registered, plus one person who's signed up for Team Distraction. There's still space for 5 more competing teams, plus Team Control Group and more Distraction (the more the merrier!)

I'm about to send an email to those who's registration I already have. If you think you're registered and don't get an email from me in the next hour or so, please poke me again. DM in the forums makes sure it doesn't get detected as Spam, but email to {mark dash cnc at halibut dot com} will get to me too.

Comment

Email away. If you didn't just receive and email from me and think you are, or rather should be, registered, please speak up here or in DM on the forums.

Comment

Another email update sent to those 6 teams who have registered, plus Team Distraction.

We still have space for 4 more teams! Space is running out!

Comment

In case people are subscribed to this thread and haven't seen the new one I created, there are a total of 8 teams registered, space for 2 left. If you've been thinking about it, now is the time.

Also, we're still looking for a Team Control Group. Any teetotalers out there want to spend a night programming with a bunch of drunks? ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X