No announcement yet.

I'm looking forward to the forum meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking forward to the forum meet!

I'm really looking forward to meeting new people this year, has a time and place been decided for the Forum Meetup yet?

Re: I'm looking forward to the forum meet!

Originally posted by bluerules View Post
    I'm really looking forward to meeting new people this year, has a time and place been decided for the Forum Meetup yet?
    It will be in the Penthouse suite. I rented it out, and all the rooms on the floor below. I greased the skids so there won't be any problems.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
      It will be in the Penthouse suite. I rented it out, and all the rooms on the floor below. I greased the skids so there won't be any problems.
      I literally fell on the floor laughing
      Originally posted by Ellen
      Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Listen, if you bring a case to the forum meet and give out beer, most will be forgiven, I think.

If it's rolling rock you'll be fine as far as I'm concerned... And really, that's all matters.
        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Absolutely I'll bring beer :)

Comment

I suggest people give this guy a chance.. I can list a ton of people that I thought were complete tards online and in person became very close friends.

Just saying..

The guy's crimes aren't all that heinous just yet, maybe try to direct this guy in the right direction instead of just flaming him all the time. Everybody here was new once too.

Bluerules: I drink guinness
            Last edited by flea; June 16, 2010, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by flea View Post
              I suggest people give this guy a chance.. I can list a ton of people that I thought were complete tards online and in person became very close friends.

Just saying..

The guy's crimes are all that heinous just yet, maybe try to direct this guy in the right direction instead of just flaming him all the time. Everybody here was new once too.

Bluerules: I drink guinness
              Flea, thank you for that, sometimes I do wish more people were like you on the forums. I've always loved the contradiction of you. Rough, scary and take charge security goon, yet when you are a friend you are anything but those traits. You are an honorable and righteous friend and totally an overlooked white knight in our court. <3

HOWEVER, In my defense, this guy did significantly tick off almost all of the org planning staff, myself included. The hotel. The people whose reputations granted them the penthouse, and a well known, well respected and large Defcon group, best known by their area code and highest population of Goon membership.

Just saying. He didn't make too many friends by spreading disinformation and trying to look cool. However, if he owned up to it, admitted that he was I don't know...trying to fit in? Look cool? Made a mistake in judgment? He should stop TRYING to be something and just chill and be himself, maybe he'll stand a chance at redemption. But at this point, acting like agent 1337, he has a better chance of capping the well in the gulf than being my friend.

But that is just MY opinion.
              "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pyr0 View Post
                  HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
                  Sure make me feel like the a$$h0l3 now.
                  Flea has a very good point, many people that I have met online turned out to be pretty chill once I got to know them.

For the record I assumed (and commented) that I think Bluerulez (or however his/her name is spelled) was trolling with the penthouse posts.- which I thought were pretty funny if they were! and I think it's even funnier that they would risk life and limb by messing with a short, angry, prego, nikita!

:)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
                    Flea, thank you for that, sometimes I do wish more people were like you on the forums. I've always loved the contradiction of you. Rough, scary and take charge security goon, yet when you are a friend you are anything but those traits. You are an honorable and righteous friend and totally an overlooked white knight in our court. <3
                    Well, thanks for that, to be honest it's all just a big plan to get girls to show me their boobs.

HOWEVER, In my defense, this guy did significantly tick off almost all of the org planning staff, myself included. The hotel. The people whose reputations granted them the penthouse, and a well known, well respected and large Defcon group, best known by their area code and highest population of Goon membership.

Just saying. He didn't make too many friends by spreading disinformation and trying to look cool. However, if he owned up to it, admitted that he was I don't know...trying to fit in? Look cool? Made a mistake in judgment? He should stop TRYING to be something and just chill and be himself, maybe he'll stand a chance at redemption. But at this point, acting like agent 1337, he has a better chance of capping the well in the gulf than being my friend.

I'm certainly not attacking or picking on, one person, simply saying that guys like this probably need direction, this is a pretty crazy group of people to splash into, lots of folks (many who are regulars here) feel that they need to behave in a manor that will impress. Usually that's fine, in this case, I'm betting that this guy is either a) a troll and will go away like the rest or b) just trying WAY to hard.

I think probably that he also wasn't trying to cause the trouble he did, I wonder if he even realizes how much trouble he caused. Plus, if we act nice and he's a tard at con, we can pick on him in person!! (sorry to the developmentally disabled population here on the forums for the use of the word tard, you know who you are.).

In summation, nikita, go on with your bad self and, yay boob! Everybody else can suck it a little.

Comment

ALL of us have stories about when we tried too hard somewhere, sometime. Every now and then that first time is epically stupid but it can make a fantastic story around the campfire eventually. Everybody gets "one" in my book. It's what happens after that matters. You paying attention Blue?
                      "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Originally posted by eris View Post
                        ALL of us have stories about when we tried too hard somewhere, sometime. Every now and then that first time is epically stupid but it can make a fantastic story around the campfire eventually. Everybody gets "one" in my book. It's what happens after that matters. You paying attention Blue?
                        Wasn't there some little talk about something like that last year?
                        TSA luvs my Uzi.

"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot

Comment

You may want to rethink that. I know some very displeased folks who are dying to meet you.
                          "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal View Post
                            You may want to rethink that. I know some very displeased folks who are dying to meet you.
                            Well, I got his back... Just for the sole fact that I think thinly veiled threats on the internet are really douchie and a waste of time.

Seriously, nothing that was said in the other thread is enough for everyone to get all butt hurt about.
                            And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
                              Well, I got his back... Just for the sole fact that I think thinly veiled threats on the internet are really douchie and a waste of time.

Seriously, nothing that was said in the other thread is enough for everyone to get all butt hurt about.
                              What the fuck? HighWiz is the voice of reason? Are dogs and cats living together as well? Have the streams been crossed?
                              perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Working...
                              X