No announcement yet.

I'm looking forward to the forum meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm looking forward to the forum meet!

Originally posted by Abby_Normal View Post
    You may want to rethink that. I know some very displeased folks who are dying to meet you.
    Abby,

Yes bluerules pissed people off. I'd never want to see anyone get hurt over it. Insults on the internet are one thing, but we can't imply violence in real life. ( no matter how lightly seasoned, it's still beef)

If he has the balls to show up to meet people and change the opinion that has been made about him, then he should be given a mediocre amount amount of respect (at least) for trying to correct and repair his image.

I, for one, would like to meet him and I do wish he would show up to the forum meet so that he can see what type of people we ARE in reality. That we are actually an accepting bunch of people. I think the problem a lot of people have, not just him, are trying to Fit in with an image of us that isn't true. Despite our flashes of rage, snarky and albeit witty retorts and trolls, we (defcon as a collective) are actually the most welcoming and accepting bunch of people I've ever met. I don't want to see that tarnished by implying that we won't give him a chance.

Give him a chance if he buttons up, puts his shoulders back and acts like a real f-n person and not some stereotype he thinks he needs to be to fit in.Who knows abby, he might just apologize in person if he really knew how his actions effected others.
    "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
      Well, I got his back... Just for the sole fact that I think thinly veiled threats on the internet are really douchie and a waste of time.

Seriously, nothing that was said in the other thread is enough for everyone to get all butt hurt about.
      In no way was that a threat. It is however true. Some of the people who almost lost their space because of this douche canoe are VERY pissed.
      "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal View Post
        In no way was that a threat. It is however true.
        Well then I stand corrected, you have my apology.
        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

I made an avatar badge! http://i49.tinypic.com/20tp5qd.gif

Comment

Originally posted by bluerules View Post
            "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Im putting mine together as well - cant wait until Forum meet. I think we should mention that since underage persons may be at the meet there may be some limitations on booze..

Originally posted by bluerules View Post
              +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                Im putting mine together as well - cant wait until Forum meet. I think we should mention that since underage persons may be at the meet there may be some limitations on booze..
                Thanks Dallas you are right.

This is the best that I can do to explain the policy, the rule on booze is this... We will not have a bar in the room. We will not be serving alcohol or drinks of any kind. However, if you bring in a drink we are not going to ask you to remove it. No other Skybox room has to monitor outside food or drink so we won't either. We will operate with the don't ask and don't tell policy regarding the beverages you bring in. We aren't going to kick you out if you walk in with a beer in hand.

HOWEVER any known minor seen drinking will be asked to leave, this is a liability.

Anyone SERVING or caught giving out drinks to others will be asked to leave. Regardless of what it is. This is again, liability reasons. I can't work around this, I'm sorry.

Most of the people who go to skybox parties use common sense when it comes to bringing in their own drinks and I don't anticipate this to be a problem. No other party has yet to have a problem. Everyone needs to use a minimum amount of common sense in this area. This isn't anything new, all the other parties do this too.
                "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Hooray Beer!

So anyways, I'm going to NOT be bringing the RC Bar due to the expense of shipping and no sponsors have spoken up to ship and pay the (assumed) RIV fees for giving out liquor/beer.

With that said, I have ordered my codpiece today, and I will attempt to add on the extras before the con. I will also create a very nice laminated paper badge so that I can fit in :)

I'm glad to see so many people getting excited about this!
                  Originally posted by Ellen
                  Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
                    With that said, I have ordered my codpiece today, and I will attempt to add on the extras before the con. I will also create a very nice laminated paper badge so that I can fit in :)
                    Gah. One step ahead. I actually own one (costume, years ago, don't ask) but I'd prefer not to start drilling holes and affixing pcb's to it. I'll order mine soon. and yes, sir, Hooray Beer! Indeed.
                    "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
                      HEY! I want a gold star...

Comment

Originally posted by treef( )rt View Post
                        HEY! I want a gold star...
                        Mine can be taken away as my cod piece never got put together. I have the codpiece but when I sat down to put it together it just didn't feel like the design worked. Though I have decided to bring something special to wear.

Shh it's a surprise.

Anyways I look forward to seeing everyone there.
                        Originally posted by Ellen
                        Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
                          Mine can be taken away as my cod piece never got put together. I have the codpiece but when I sat down to put it together it just didn't feel like the design worked. Though I have decided to bring something special to wear.

Shh it's a surprise.

Anyways I look forward to seeing everyone there.
                          Ah Christ. He's making a bra.
                          "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Working...
                          X