HHV Call for Volunteers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HHV Call for Volunteers

Optimized Tomfoolery (abraxas3d, skunkworks, and firmwarez (who previously volunteered on the thread I believe)) are willing, able, and enthusiastic about volunteering at HHV.

We have MSEEs, are active ham radio hackers, and love solder.

We enjoy hardware, firmware, software play, and have embedded processor and automotive experience.looking forward to helping out wherever we can.

Comment

I have an easel dry erase white board I can bring with all the HHV crap stored in my server room. It is not wall mounted, so it should be ideal. Someone official please let me know if this works.
      "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Bring it, we'll make it work.
        #ut2600 / #dc-forums | EFNet

Comment

Also, I'll be harassing Joe, LosT, and Russ to get them to show their faces for more than a few minutes in the Village this year. I'd love to get them to do at least a 30-minute BOF or something this year.
          #ut2600 / #dc-forums | EFNet

Comment

I'll be bringing a box of various electronic goodies that are no longer welcome in my home as I did last year . . . some pieces may even be functional. I think there's an NR041 wired router in there, the remnants of a defunct WRT54G, a cable box remote control, various AC adapters, remnants of some disk drives (DVD, Zip drive), and whatever else may rear its head during my version of clean sweep.

I'll also have a soldering station, a vice, magnifying glass, and a few other sundry items . . . :)
            Last edited by saxdr; July 12th, 2010, 22:00. Reason: Forgot to add something.
            "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." -Optimus Prime

Comment

Originally posted by afterburn188 View Post
              i don't remember seeing them but if you could...that'd be awesome!
              Funny cause the one that you were writing on I brought. I will bring the two that I have. One just got set to the side and never really got noticed. I don't have an easel so the one hackajar suggested would be good.

Maybe a volunteer meeting before hand with a little inventory assessment might help this year. Then again, not super helpful as there were people bringing and requesting random stuff all Con long.

TieShort
              Last edited by TieShort; July 14th, 2010, 14:56. Reason: Spelling, I forgot to proof my SPELLING!!!
              -------------------------------------
              Vaka vanha Väinämöinen
              käski nuoren, käski vanhan

Comment

I've sent PMs to three people asking them to be put on the scheduled volunteer list. If anyone else bails I'll turn to this thread (and the PMs I got as a result) for last minute fill ins.

To everyone that I didn't get to send a PM to, thanks for offering and please still come help your fellow hackers in the HHV. Come hit me up and I'll buy you a beverage of your choice for offering to help.

Comment

Working...
                X