Ammo Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo Shop

I'm not saying that this is definitely going to happen or not... but if locals or others who are in town early want to coordinate ammo puchrases in bulk and then re-sell at the shoot, you have my blessing, at least for this year we can try it and see how it goes.

my suggested pricing was seen in another thread, but i'll re-post it here...
    .45 - can buy for less than $0.50 per round, sell a ten-pack for $5
    9mm - can buy for less than $0.40 per round, sell a ten-pack for $5
    5.56 NATO - can easily buy for $0.50 per round, sell a ten-pack for $10
    7.62 NATO - can easily buy for $0.65 per round, sell a ten-pack for $10
    7.62 Soviet - can buy for $0.35 per round, sell a ten-pack for $10 or $5
    .22 LR - fuck... just re-sell 20-round boxes of it for $5 because if someone really can't trouble themselves to bring .22 ammo somewhere they deserve to pay a bit more, hah.

... if you think this is something you'd like to have (ammo you can buy at the shoot) then post here. if you are hoping to obtain a caliber not listed above, then post here. either way, we'll try to gauge interest and maybe someone will pick up the ball and run with it.

i know it's short notice to those of us who are flying, but locals might make for a nice little operation with the week they have remaining before this all comes off.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: Ammo Shop

for what it's worth, i'll definitely have my AR-15, M1A, 10/22, and .22 plinker with me, and they are all "public" firearms if people come up and ask me first.

so having some 5.56 NATO, 7.62 NATO, and .22 LR would likely be a good thing given all the non-armed people who are coming. i may also bring my 1911, so .45 might also sell well in that instance.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

I have about 1100 rounds of .22LR Hollow Point. I'm picking up another probably 1000 rounds of .22LR non hollow point.

I probably won't use the hollow point so will it work in your "plinker"? if so.. community ammo :)
      Originally posted by Ellen
      Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

I'll have 1000 rounds of 5.56mm in stripper clips. Don't melt my barrel.

Comment

Chances are I'll be bringing more ammo than I need, I'd be willing to sell some of my 5.56 NATO for the suggested price. I might bring extra .40 as well, but don't count on it. They're ~$.40/round as well, $5 for 10 would be fair as well.

I have 3 bags (15rds/bag) of surplus .308 that I've been trying to get rid of for months. If someone wants to buy it for what I paid for it (not at home to see what the price is on them), let me know and I'll bring it along.

On a side note, Deviant maybe you can answer this one. I don't need a hard sided case to pack ammo into for the flight right? I should be able to throw some ammo (within the weight restrictions) into my soft sided luggage without any issues?

Comment

After reading the sign up thread.

My .40 can be considered "public." I will be in town early and picking up Ammo. I will be selling it at around cost (whatever cost is these days). I'm seeing it ranging from $.30 - $.50 a round. Last year I let people fire off my own ammo, but I don't want to subsidize a whole bunch of people this time. >< I might bring some ammo for complete newbs or for people who I instinctually like, but don't count on it. Expect to pay $5 for 10-15 rounds.

If anyone else wants me to pick up some ammo, let me know and I will get it for you at cost, with a receipt to prove it (you know, unless you want something ridiculous).

Mel
            Last edited by Melesse; July 22nd, 2010, 12:45. Reason: Clarification
            Secretary

Comment

I will be bringing a Taurus 500 revolver and will gladly let others shoot it, but the ammo is pricy. It holds 5 rounds and I will consider allowing anyone a 5 round go at it for $20 (or you could split your five rounds between you and a buddy or something). I will be bringing 40 or 50 rounds with me, so that will be enough for around 10 people to try it out.

I also will be bringing the HK-91 again and around 100 rounds of ammo for it. Anyone can take a crack at it for 10 round for $10 or if they supply the appropriate ammo then it is free to use.

Comment

Also, if anyone has any specific requests for ammo that you are having trouble finding, there seems to be a good selection available here where I live. I can look around and purchase some for you and bring it to the shoot. Let me know. I will check back here periodically or send a PM.

Comment

I think it's a great idea to have a little ammo supply at the shoot available for purchase. This year I've vowed to pack lighter than in previous years, and between the 2 calibers of weapons I'm bringing (3 rifles) I'll only have ~600 rounds. This means that I may ask some folks who wish to send a few downrange to contribute to my beer fund, or supply they're own (that's 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R). Though my gear won't be fully "public", as I've said before, some others may be able to get some firing time on some of my gear.
                  "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Thanks Deviant.

I am definately interested in something like an ammo stand. It would make things quite a bit easier for us unlocals. I do not mind paying slightly more for efforts of other people.

I also want to thank everyone up front for their kind gesture in offering their personal guns for public use (at your descretion, naturally). Not all of us have ready access to such an array hardware. So, thank you!
                    :wq

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                      for what it's worth, i'll definitely have my AR-15, M1A, 10/22, and .22 plinker with me, and they are all "public" firearms if people come up and ask me first.

so having some 5.56 NATO, 7.62 NATO, and .22 LR would likely be a good thing given all the non-armed people who are coming. i may also bring my 1911, so .45 might also sell well in that instance.
                      M1A is at the top of my "Do Want!" list, so I'd love to try it out if it's cool. I picked up a 20 pack of Fiocci brass-cased 7.62 FMJs tonight in the hopes that you'd say yes

Comment

Originally posted by Boreal View Post
                        M1A is at the top of my "Do Want!" list, so I'd love to try it out if it's cool.
                        it is the finest rifle i have ever owned and maybe will ever own...

1. insane accuracy out of the box
                        2. perfect for a left-hander (i shoot long arms as a southpaw)
                        3. rugged as fuck for the zombie apocalypse
                        4. thirty cal projectile as opposed to a fast-moving varmint round
                        5. just so fucking beautiful

... yeah, please give it a dance.
                        - Trent Reznor

Comment

If anyone want me to look for some hard to find ammo, or get something to bring out to the shoot for you (say if you can't travel with ammo) then let me know by Tuesday afternoon (7/27/2010). After that I will be on the road to Vegas.

Comment

2. perfect for a left-hander (i shoot long arms as a southpaw)
                            3. rugged as fuck for the zombie apocalypse
                            I am a southpaw when it comes to projectile weapons and find rifles are a pain to find and those suitable for the inevitable ZA even more so. I am still on the look out for my future primary arm...

... yeah, please give it a dance.
                            Deviant, I will be looking you up and asking if I can try her out too. Sounds like you are really taken with this baby...
                            GnuPG-Fingerprint:
                            F164 738F 16BF FDBF F0B6 5720 C986 8AF7 5F41 97BE

V5 vi veri Vniversum vivus vici

Comment

Originally posted by Rewt Daemon View Post
                              I am a southpaw when it comes to projectile weapons and find rifles are a pain to find and those suitable for the inevitable ZA even more so. I am still on the look out for my future primary arm...
                              Have you looked into any of the "new" southpaw friendly bullpup rifles currently on the market?
                              For example...
                              FN PS-90
                              FN FS-2000
                              Kel-Tec RFB
                              MSAR STG-556
                              MSAR E4
                              Steyr AUG-A3 SA
                              “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Comment

Working...
                              X