Central Maryland Hackerspace: Unallocated Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Maryland Hackerspace: Unallocated Space

We are in the process of starting up a space somewhere within 20 miles of Fort Meade.
    We should be operational just after Defcon 2010, the spot we are looking at is 1640 square feet with 20 foot ceilings and 12 foot roll up garage door. If you're in the area and interested, please contact me at unallocatedspacehq@gmail.com

also:
    http://unallocatedspace.org
    https://twitter.com/unallocated

Re: Central Maryland Hackerspace: Unallocated Space

Originally posted by CP99 View Post
    We are in the process of starting up a space somewhere within 20 miles of Fort Meade.
    We should be operational just after Defcon 2010, the spot we are looking at is 1640 square feet with 20 foot ceilings and 12 foot roll up garage door. If you're in the area and interested, please contact me at unallocatedspacehq@gmail.com

also:
    http://unallocatedspace.org
    https://twitter.com/unallocated
    Funny story.. I was talking about this very same thing after Shmoo this year.. go figure.

e-mail sent sir.
    Originally posted by Ellen
    Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Can you put up a high tower and setup an array of dishes and antenna's pointing at Ft Meade? Don't hook them up to anything, just do it for giggles.
      A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker69 View Post
        Can you put up a high tower and setup an array of dishes and antenna's pointing at Ft Meade? Don't hook them up to anything, just do it for giggles.
        In all honesty, probably, but I'm sure carpet bombing by a fleet of stealth helicopters would ensue.. :-D

Comment

In all honesty, probably, but I'm sure carpet bombing by a fleet of stealth helicopters would ensue.. :-D
          Well, if that's how you feel, I was gonna donate a dish for ya to put up.
          A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

The space is awesome. In all luck we have a good chance of signing the lease next week.
            "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
              The space is awesome. In all luck we have a good chance of signing the lease next week.
              I've seen pictures. I am betting that once the lease is signed I'm going to start spending every weekend there just to get it up to snuff.

I sent the e-mail to unallocatedspace email address but I have a good chunk of the stuff to donate to the space that is on the list.

I will be sending a full list to the e-mail address this weekend sometime after I finish my whitepaper on something else.

Busy busy days before con... I need to plan this stuff better next year.
              Originally posted by Ellen
              Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Just to help out, even though I'm not terribly close, but close enough, I'll be happy to donate a 24port unmanaged rackmount switch to the space. I have an extra one that's just taking up space at the moment.

Comment

Just to help out, even though I'm not terribly close, but close enough, I'll be happy to donate a 24port unmanaged rackmount switch to the space. I have an extra one that's just taking up space at the moment.
                  Great stuff, lets arrange to hand it off after DefCon though, like Hex said, busy days before con.

Comment

Great stuff, lets arrange to hand it off after DefCon though, like Hex said, busy days before con.
                    No problem. We're going to be heading down to the Baltimore Zoo in the next couple of weeks, so maybe we could meet somewhere in between.

I'll see if there's anything else laying around that you could possibly use. I could possibly come down and help out getting things wired as well if you need.

I just remembered, there might be a couple of laser printers in the garage that work, I'll dig them out and test them, see if they're worth it.

Comment

No problem. We're going to be heading down to the Baltimore Zoo in the next couple of weeks, so maybe we could meet somewhere in between.

I'll see if there's anything else laying around that you could possibly use. I could possibly come down and help out getting things wired as well if you need.

I just remembered, there might be a couple of laser printers in the garage that work, I'll dig them out and test them, see if they're worth it.
                      Awesome, check out our what's needed page at http://unallocatedspace.org/whatsneeded.php
                      This list is incomplete, but gets updated whenever we can think of things that we feel we're going to need. One big thing we need which we don't have yet is shelving, otherwise we don't really have anywhere to put any of the other stuff in the space.

Comment

Awesome, check out our what's needed page at http://unallocatedspace.org/whatsneeded.php
                        This list is incomplete, but gets updated whenever we can think of things that we feel we're going to need. One big thing we need which we don't have yet is shelving, otherwise we don't really have anywhere to put any of the other stuff in the space.
                        You're in luck, I have a couple of shelving units that I want to get rid of. They're not the best, but they'll work. They're yours.

Comment

You're in luck, I have a couple of shelving units that I want to get rid of. They're not the best, but they'll work. They're yours.
                          I'm de-cluttering my house to put it on the market to sell.... I have so much "stuff" I'll try to get it all together within the next few weeks and give you whatever I can find... Probably have a desktop or two, some CRT monitors, hard drives, printers, memory, cables, a router or two... etc and the list goes on.... see you at DefCon 18!!
                          "Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet" ~~ Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Great, can't wait to get this all set up.

Originally posted by Aurora View Post
                            I'm de-cluttering my house to put it on the market to sell.... I have so much "stuff" I'll try to get it all together within the next few weeks and give you whatever I can find... Probably have a desktop or two, some CRT monitors, hard drives, printers, memory, cables, a router or two... etc and the list goes on.... see you at DefCon 18!!
                            Also great, we can put that stuff on streakers shelves :P

Find me at con peoples, and we will discuss the best way to move everything to the space.
                            And drink.

Comment

We're officially official!
                              "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Working...
                              X