X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Central Maryland Hackerspace: Unallocated Space

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
    We're officially official!
    HAZZAA on the Tax exempt.. now to get that pesky building stuff out of the way and move in!
    Originally posted by Ellen
    Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
      HAZZAA on the Tax exempt.. now to get that pesky building stuff out of the way and move in!
      If all goes well, when we get back from Vegas.
      "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

If all goes well, when we get back from Vegas.
        Since we don't have forums up yet..

I have a truck for all the weekends in August.

The first 2 after Defcon I'm cool doing craigs list/freenode runs. Lets coordinate at con and we will figure it out.

Hit me up via twitter when you get in and are free.. Drinks/ planning could be fun :)
        Originally posted by Ellen
        Do I wish we could all be like hexjunkie? Heck yes I do. :) That would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by hexjunkie View Post
          Since we don't have forums up yet..

I have a truck for all the weekends in August.

The first 2 after Defcon I'm cool doing craigs list/freenode runs. Lets coordinate at con and we will figure it out.

Hit me up via twitter when you get in and are free.. Drinks/ planning could be fun :)
          Sounds good, we already have a lead on excess furniture and electronics; trying to get more information later this week!

Comment

Any updates on this? I am interested in finding out more when you guys get the location pinned down. I don't know if I have much to contribute, but I will see what I have.

Comment

Hey guys,

If you are interested in UnallocatedSpace, good news!
              Things are progressing with our physical location, we hope to sign a lease on a space just south of BWI.

If this sounds like something you want to know more about, join us this Friday at 6:30 PM at the Stained Glass Pub in Elkridge http://7x7.us/Uww

We will be discussing our general plans, timeline, membership, etc.

Comment

Sadly, I am not able to make it out this Friday, but I am definitely interested. And I can most likely get my hands on a couple of old desktops and stuff to contribute.

So let me know how things progress. I like the general location - for once there is something fairly close to me that doesn't involve D.C. traffic.

- d

Comment

Originally posted by DiscipleOfJude View Post
                  for once there is something fairly close to me that doesn't involve D.C. traffic.
                  That's one of the main driving points behind opening a space in this location.
                  If you haven't already, shoot me an email at the address listed on http://unallocatedspace.org/ and I will get you information on whats going on.

Comment

For anyone in the central Maryland region, Unallocated Space is meeting tonight at 6:30PM at the Stained Glass Pub in Elkridge. All interested are welcome as we discuss our plans for the immediate future. Location is here: http://7x7.us/Uww

Comment

For anyone in the central Maryland region, Unallocated Space is meeting tonight at 6:30PM at the Stained Glass Pub in Elkridge. All interested are welcome as we discuss our plans for the immediate future. Location is here: http://7x7.us/Uww
                      Wow, I wish I would have heard about this earlier. I could have had the DC410 Group come on out. Any chance have you guys been in contact with either of the hackerspaces in Baltimore? (The Baltimore Node and The Harford Hackerspace) They might be able to provide great advice on some of the costs and issues which spring up after setting up your space.

We're (DC410) having an informal meeting tonight at 8:00pm-10:00pm with CharmSec at Slainte Pub in B'more. Any chance you guys want to grab a beer and talk about your hackerspace?
                      Last edited by Marqo09; August 26, 2010, 11:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Marqo09 View Post
                        Any chance you guys want to grab a beer and talk about your hackerspace?
                        Yeah, I will toss it to the list. At very least I will show up for a drink or two.
                        I may not stay long, its been a long week.

*edit*

On second thought, I may not be able to make it all, my brakes stopped working on the way home from work. It wouldn't really be the best idea to drive into Baltimore right now... :P
                        Last edited by CP99; August 26, 2010, 17:08. Reason: Stupid shitty car.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscipleOfJude View Post
                          Sadly, I am not able to make it out this Friday.
                          How about tonight? We are meeting at DuClaws in Arundel Mills mall.
                          http://maps.google.com/maps?q=7000%2...rcle%20Hanover

Comment

Originally posted by CP99 View Post
                            How about tonight? We are meeting at DuClaws...
                            Yet another beer opportunity missed :(

Comment

Originally posted by Marqo09 View Post
                              Yet another beer opportunity missed :(
                              There will be plenty more of these opportunities in the near future.

Comment

I hope I'm not jumping the gun too much to say this, but if all goes well we will be signing our lease TODAY with the expectation to move in within ~2 weeks! More info soon...

Comment

Working...
                                X