Planning underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning underway

DefCon 101 Planning is underway. There will be some things done differently this year, so it should be relevant to both new and old DefCon Attendees alike. Some previous speakers will be returning and some new speakers (like Roamer) will be gracing DC101 with their presence for the first time. We already have some cool giveaways and prizes in the works, so stay tuned for further updates.

I don't expect to make too many more updates about the event before the first of the year.
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Re: Planning underway

OK, I'll ask. What is new for next year to the DEFCON 101 plan? You can just update on the positive changes and we'll piece together the parts that have fallen by the wayside! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Club81 View Post
      OK, I'll ask. What is new for next year to the DEFCON 101 plan? You can just update on the positive changes and we'll piece together the parts that have fallen by the wayside! ;-)
      Feel free to come to 101 and you'll find out... Seriously, even if I did post that info it wouldn't be until may at the earliest. In other words, if you have a more specific question, feel free to ask, but I don't answer the broad "what's new next year" type questions.
      And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Hell, I'll throw it out there - what do you guys want to see covered at DC101?

Comment

As of now, the people who will be on Stage at DC101 :

HighWiz, Runnerup, Lockheed, Roamer, GodMinusOne, Pyr0, AgentX

I do expect that list to grow a bit by the time June rolls around; those are the ones who have committed to speaking at this point.

The Scavenger Hunt has confirmed that they will indeed be back at DefCon 101 and running a mini-game.

That is all for now...

http://defcon.stotan.org/dc101/

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
            URL added as a "site"in the forum description.

Thanks!

Comment

As of now, the people who will be on Stage at DC101 :

HighWiz, Runnerup, Lockheed, Roamer, GodMinusOne, Pyr0, AgentX

I do expect that list to grow a bit by the time June rolls around; those are the ones who have committed to speaking at this point.

The Scavenger Hunt has confirmed that they will indeed be back at DefCon 101 and running a mini-game.

That is all for now...

http://defcon.stotan.org/dc101/
              There will be a return of the "Wireless Village" .. I have already imposed on Roamer to say a few kind words about us in his talk.

The Amateur Radio Exam on Sunday will be returning. For those interested there will be two, two hour sessions (one Friday and one Saturday) on the information needed to pass the Technician License.
              DaKahuna

Comment

*cool!* I'm glad someone is doing this. DC is way too hugs not to have some sort of a primer.
                ======================================
                DJ Jackalope
                dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
                  There will be a return of the "Wireless Village" .. I have already imposed on Roamer to say a few kind words about us in his talk.

The Amateur Radio Exam on Sunday will be returning. For those interested there will be two, two hour sessions (one Friday and one Saturday) on the information needed to pass the Technician License.
                  Already had you covered:

http://defcon.stotan.org/faq/convention3.htm#ques30

Comment

That's great. Thanks !!
                    DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
                      That's great. Thanks !!
                      If you have any specific announcements/information you want said about it at 101, let me know (PM/Email)...

Comment

Nikita has been added to the list of people that will be speaking at DefCon 101.

Comment

Hi! It will be my first year at DefCon and I am looking forward to attend DC101. Great thing for people in my situation!

I was looking for the schedule and place to attend but couldn't find it. Has it been announced yet? Do I have to register or can I just show up?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by yowie View Post
                            Hi! It will be my first year at DefCon and I am looking forward to attend DC101. Great thing for people in my situation!
                            Glad you can make it!

I was looking for the schedule and place to attend but couldn't find it. Has it been announced yet? Do I have to register or can I just show up?
                            Registration for the con (pay your money, get a badge) is all on-site. So yes - just show up :)
                            Speakers are (mostly all?) announced on the DefCon 19 website. However, exact schedule hasn't been published - it'll be in the program you get with your badge.

Comment

Thank you!
                              Historically it has been 1pm on Thursday of Con, so it will probably be that again.

Comment

Working...
                              X