Confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed

After DEF CON last year we got the unfortunate news that y3ti (our drummer) wouldn't be able to come to DC19. This put the Goon Band in a state of flux. We have spent the last 5 months or so trying to find a replacement for him and that has not been an easy task.

Well, I can finally confirm that we do, indeed, have a new drummer on board and we will be playing DEF CON 19. We had a blast last year and are really looking forward to playing again.

We are looking at a completely new set list for this year (maybe a couple of songs will make a return appearance, any suggestions?) so if you know of a song you'd like us to do, throw the suggestion in here or on the Group facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...1666442&ref=ts) and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks to everyone that came out last year and we're looking forward to seeing you this year.

HELLO CLEVELAND!!!!!
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Re: Confirmed

wait... who's the new drummer???

\m/
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

i am seriously looking forward to you folk coming back again. was worried when i heard that it might not be so.

one of my favorite times of the con is seeing you all rock out.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

You need little tables on stage so we can buy you beers.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
          Well know this is certainly a plan I can get behind!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
            And littler people to serve them
            Aut disce aut discede

Comment

I'm little and will serve them beer...? As long as someone buys me one! lol

Comment

Originally posted by acoustica View Post
                I'm little and will serve them beer...? As long as someone buys me one! lol
                As the legends go...the rolling rock will flow like a river towards the falls that is roamer. I'm sure if you partake of the river, as long as there's enough for him, all will be well.
                Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Of course someone can sell the goons' favorite beer right there near the band. Kind of like buying seal food at the piers. Just watch out for the seagulls!

Comment

Hi everyone. I'll be accepting the torch-pass from y3ti to drum in the Goon band this year. Looking forward to playing as well as my first year as a Goon. I too am a fan of beer, the con, and most importantly, Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by reverse_bias View Post
                      Hi everyone. I'll be accepting the torch-pass from y3ti to drum in the Goon band this year. Looking forward to playing as well as my first year as a Goon. I too am a fan of beer, the con, and most importantly, Rock.
                      This brings a tear to my eye. I knew we chose wisely

Comment

Originally posted by reverse_bias View Post
                        Are first time goons still baptized in the pool? :-D

Congrats! I am looking forward to hearing the goon band, Recognize, play this year.
                        Last edited by TheCotMan; May 22, 2011, 21:08.

Comment

Working...
                        X