Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Ham License Exam: Are you looking for] Volunteers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Ham License Exam: Are you looking for] Volunteers?

I have an AE license (K3QB) and ARRL VE credentials, and want to help out with this event. Is there someone we can contact?

If you want to volunteer too (and have VE credentials), join this thread....

Re: Volunteers?

Originally posted by USSJoin View Post
    I have an AE license (K3QB) and ARRL VE credentials, and want to help out with this event. Is there someone we can contact?
    See my temporary announcement in the forum and you find:
    DaKahuma, JonM, and DCFluX are running this event. The reason why they have not posted anything, is up until last week, I forgot to unlock this forum after creating it last year. Two of the 3 people organizing or volunteering to work this have talked to me about it, and one of these brought this forum being locked to my attention last week as they were trying to post an announcement. (Sorry about the delay, that was my fault for leaving this locked.)

Based on their involvement, I would expect some sort of official announcement within one or two weeks. You can also try sending a PM (private message) using the forums to one of the 3 users above. If you don't know which, I would suggest sending to DaKahuna, as he is the one that I've had the most contact about this event.

Comment

Re: [Ham License Exam: Are you looking for] Volunteers?

Originally posted by USSJoin View Post

If you want to volunteer too (and have VE credentials), join this thread....
      As TheCotMan said, feel free to let JonM or myself know your availability to proctor the exam. It is typically scheduled to start at 1200 on Sunday. The exams are on order and we are just waiting on confirmation of the place and times from the Defcon staff.
      DaKahuna

Comment

Is the test still on? I heard rumor we never got the paperwork back from Connecticut. We certainly have enough extra VEs around w/ credentials.

Comment

In anticipation of this a liaison kit was obtained from our friends at Mohave Amateur Radio Club.

12:00 - 16:00 Sunday at the WiFi Village.

Happy Hours Testing...

Comment

Has anyone who passed the Technician Licensing test see there Call Sign show up on the FCC site yet??

I'm getting very eager!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vod1 View Post
              Has anyone who passed the Technician Licensing test see there Call Sign show up on the FCC site yet??

I'm getting very eager!!
              I have not yet received mine. I called the FCC just now and they can't find my name in the system. They did say that the VECs have 10 days to submit the applications en bulk and that the ARRL has 10 days to submit the applications to the FCC. I'm worried that the applications never got filed.

Comment

Originally posted by I-baLL View Post
                I have not yet received mine. I called the FCC just now and they can't find my name in the system. They did say that the VECs have 10 days to submit the applications en bulk and that the ARRL has 10 days to submit the applications to the FCC. I'm worried that the applications never got filed.
                I also called the ARRL who informed me that they haven't received the batch yet. They said they'll expedite it when they'll get it.

Comment

I also called the ARRL who informed me that they haven't received the batch yet. They said they'll expedite it when they'll get it.
                  Yes, I am not sure what's going on with the FCC.

A local group in the MD area took their exams almost a month before Defcon and last I heard they had not received their call signs yet.
                  DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
                    Yes, I am not sure what's going on with the FCC.

A local group in the MD area took their exams almost a month before Defcon and last I heard they had not received their call signs yet.
                    It doesn't seem to be the FCC as much as the ARRL. At least in case of the Defcon exam. Their ("their" being the ARRL) "help desk" operator informed me that they "have not received the batch from Nevada". They then pass it to the FCC.

Comment

It was not mailed from Nevada. The person that mailed the exams in did so from his home location in Washington state.
                      DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
                        It was not mailed from Nevada. The person that mailed the exams in did so from his home location in Washington state.
                        The ARRL asked me where the test was being mailed from. Can the person who mailed them in check if the ARRL received the exams? Because the FCC has no record of me even if they look by application and neither does the ARRL it seems.

Comment

So apparently the ARRL never received the exams and are currently investigating to find out where they went.

That sucks because it seems that we'll just have to re-take the exam again.

Comment

So apparently the ARRL never received the exams and are currently investigating to find out where they went.

That sucks because it seems that we'll just have to re-take the exam again.
                            No. We are in the process of re-creating the 605's so that will not happen. Will post more as the informaiton becomes available.
                            DaKahuna

Comment

By saying "recreate" does that mean that you kept copies of the originals? I just took the tech test two weeks ago and already have my call sign. I do hope they accept copies.

Comment

Working...
                              X